San Diego Mesa College's Commencement Ceremony is located in the Jenny Craig Pavilion on the University of San Diego (USD) campus at:
For guests that are unable to attend, they can watch the Live Stream of the Commencement Ceremony here:TBA - link will be provided a week before the ceremony
For USD campus map with event details (event location, parking, etc.): Click here.
Timeline for Ceremony
- 2:00 pm: Doors to the Pavilion will open and guest seating will begin. (Seating is a on first come, first serve basis.)
- 3:00 pm: Commencement Ceremony begins.
- 6:00 pm: Commencement Ceremony concludes.
Out of respect for other graduates and their families,
please do not leave until the ceremony is complete.
TIckets Required for guests
The Commencement Ceremony is FREE for guests to attend. However, tickets are required for entrance to the ceremony for all guest ages three (3) years old and older. Along with students purchasing their cap & gown at grad fest, students must also pick-up guest tickets during Grad Fest
Students must register for commencement to be able to pick-up their tickets (picture ID required). Each graduate will be given a maximum of five (5) tickets - tickets are not required for the graduate - only for their guests.
Contact the Evaluations Office if you have any questions about tickets or ticket distribution.
Ticket Distribution Schedule:
|May 13th||8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.||In front of Mesa College bookstore (near cafeteria)|
|May 14th||8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.||In front of Mesa College bookstore (near cafeteria)|
- Who Needs a Ticket? Tickets are required for ALL guests (ages 3 years old and older). All graduates will receive five (5) tickets. If extra tickets become available, students will be emailed the week before the ceremony about when and where you can pick them up.
- Lost Tickets? Unfortunately, if tickets are lost we are unable to replace them. Please keep your tickets in a safe location.
- Deadline to pick-up tickets? May 14th by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there extra tickets? If there are extra tickets after the deadline, graduates will receive an email notification with distribution location and information. Students who missed the deadline will not be guranteed their original amount tickets.
- Do you have commencement tickets you no longer need or want? Return unwanted tickets to to the Evaluations Office in room I4-306 (3rd floor of I-400) by the deadline: (TBA) and you will be entered into an opportunity drawing to win two $25 Gift Cards!
Parking is FREE. It is recommended that guests park in the University of San Diego's (USD) Mission Parking Structure because it is closest to the venue. However, this lot can fill up quickly, so please follow campus police directions and guidance on parking at all times.
To get to the USD Mission Parking Structure: From the main entrance to USD turn right at the stop sign and follow the road to the bottom of the hill. There will be campus police directing traffic into the structure.
Shuttles will run from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm to take guests to and from the parking structure to the Jenny Craig Pavilion.
There will be signs and personnel providing direction to accessible parking. Additionally, there will be shuttles running from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm to take guests to and from the parking structure to the Jenny Craig Pavilion.