☑ Register to Participate in the Commencement Ceremony
You MUST register to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Deadline to Register: TBA
- The registration information, including website, will be included in your invitation that will be mailed to you. Invitations will be mailed out late April 2020.
- If you did not receive your invitation or are having problems with the registration website contact the Evaluations Office at 619-388-2680 or email them at email@example.com.
☑ attend grad fest & pick-up commencement guest tickets
Grad Fest & Commencement Ticket Distribution will be held May 13th & 14th from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Please note: Students are required to pick-up tickets for their guests.
TBA:Click here for a flyer.
grad Fest 2020:
Purchase your cap & gown and other and commencement memorabilia at 2020 Grad Fest! The cost for your cap & gown is approximately $30.00 plus tax.
- Students who purchase graduation sashes, keychains, mugs, diploma frames, and emblematic items during Grad Fest will receive 20% off.
- Students who purchase their cap & gown regalia during Grad Fest will receive 10%.
Commencement guest Ticket Distribution:
Along with purchasing your cap & gown at grad fest, students must also pick-up guest tickets during Grad Fest. The Commencement Ceremony is FREE for guests to attend, but tickets are required for all guest ages three (3) years old and older.
Students must register for commencement to be able to pick-up their tickets (picture ID required). Each graduate will be given a maximum of five (5) tickets - tickets are not required for the graduate - only for their guests.
Contact the Evaluations Office if you have any questions about tickets or ticket distribution.
Ticket Distribution Schedule:
|May 13th||8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.||In front of Mesa College bookstore (near cafeteria)|
|May 14th||8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.||In front of Mesa College bookstore (near cafeteria)|
- Who Needs a Ticket? Tickets are required for ALL guests (ages 3 years old and older). All graduates will receive five (5) tickets.
- Lost Tickets? Unfortunately, if tickets are lost we are unable to replace them. Please keep your tickets in a safe location.
- Deadline to pick-up tickets? May 14th by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there extra tickets? If there are extra tickets after the deadline, graduates will receive an email notification with distribution location and information. Students who missed the deadline will not be guranteed their original amount tickets.
- Do you have commencement tickets you no longer need or want? Return unwanted tickets to to the Evaluations Office in room I4-306 (3rd floor of I-400) by the deadline: (TBA) and you will be entered into an opportunity drawing to win two $25 Gift Cards!
☑ Accommodation Requests
At the beginning of the ceremony, graduates will be led down a long hallway to the ceremonial floor. At the end of the ceremony, graduates exit up a flight of stairs. If you require special seating or assistance for yourself during the ceremony please contact Zulma Duran in the Student Affairs Office at 619-388-2699 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
☑ Graduating with Honors
Students must have a 3.5 GPA or higher with all degree or certificate applicable coursework to graduate with Honors. Student graduating with honors will have an honors notation placed on the student's official transcript and diploma.The final honors distinction will be determined upon completion of all coursework completed through the spring semester for spring graduates or the summer term for summer graduates and fall semester for fall graduates.
How the GPA is calculated
Students graduating with honors will be notified that the honors distinction is pending
at the time of the Commencement Ceremony, when the GPA is calculated based upon all
degree or certificate applicable coursework completed through the fall semester of
the year of the ceremony.
Honors Cord & tassels
Graduating with an Honors achievement of a 3.50 - 4.00 GPA is recognized at the Commencement Ceremony by wearing an Honors Cord and Tassel with your regalia:
- Associate Degree Honors (3.50-4.00 GPA): Gold Tassel and Gold Cord
- Certificate of Achievement Honors (3.50-4.00 GPA): White Tassel and White Cord
Students graduating with honors will receive a special email in late Spring indicating that they are receiving honors. Student can purchase their honors cord and tassel for $16 in the Bookstore. Students must show the email they received to the Bookstore to purchase and obtain the honors cord and tassel.
The highest academic status a student can obtain is that of a Valedictorian. This signifies a 4.00 overall grade point average for all academic coursework (see a counselor for details.) At the San Diego Mesa College Commencement Ceremony, Valedictorians are signified by the wearing of special blue commencement regalia. Students who are Valedictorians will receive special information regarding commencement from the San Diego Mesa College President.
☑ Commencement Program Brochure
To ensure your name appears in the commencement program, and if you are a Summer 2019, Fall 2019, or Spring 2020 graduate, you must Apply for Graduation by: March 20, 2020.
Removal of Name from Program Brochure
If you do not want your name printed in the annual commencement program brochure or on other district graduation list, please notify the Evaluations Office by email at email@example.com or call them at 619-388-2680 by April 2, 2020.
☑ Personal concerns
- There is no childcare provided during the ceremony.
- There are no facilities for securing purses, backpacks or other valuables.
- All persons entering the facility are subject to search.
- If your are planning reservations after the ceremony, we would recommend a 30-60 minute cushion after the ceremony to allow you time to exit the campus because traffic is heavy leaving the campus.