Things To Do
Mark your calendar NOW and send announcements to your family and friends. Tickets are required for quests to attend the ceremony, but they are FREE. Check back in January for information about obtaining tickets. Parking is FREE.
Commencement Caps and Gowns
- Get your required graduation regalia and other memorabilia at the 2018 Grad Fest event. Grad Fest dates are regularly held over two days in the month of May. Once the 2018 dates have been confirmed, dates will be posted here with location information.
Publications- Commencement Program Brochure
- If you do not want your name printed in the annual commencement program or on other district graduation lists, please notify the Evaluations Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 619-388-2680.
Graduates Must Register to Attend the Commencement Ceremony
- Invitations to eligible participants will be mailed starting late March for Summer 2017/Fall 2017 graduates and in mid-April for Spring 2018 graduates. Please refer to your invitation for the website to register for the ceremony or contact the Evaluations Office at 619-388-2680 for registration instructions.
- At the beginning of the ceremony, graduates will be led down a long hallway to the ceremonial floor. At the end of the ceremony, graduates exit up a flight of stairs. If you require special seating or assistance for yourself during the ceremony please contact the Student Affairs Office at 619-388-2699 (I4-408).
- During the commencement ceremony professional pictures will be taken by a professional photographer. Purchase of these pictures is completely optional and this service is provided for your convenience by the college.
Do we have your current mailing address?
- Commencement invitation, which will include online registration information, will be mailed to you beginning in late March (for Summer 2017/ Fall 2017 graduates) and mid-April (for Spring 2018 graduates) to your mailing address on file. If your mailing address has changed, please be sure to update your information on Reg-e so you don't miss this important invitation.
Degrees and Certificates
- You are not required to attend the Commencement Ceremony to obtain your degree and/or certificate. All degrees and certificates will be mailed to the address on file in the Evaluations Office once completion of all graduation requirements has been verified and all financial holds have been cleared. You can update your mailing address on Reg-e.
- There is no childcare provided during the ceremony.
- There are no facilities for securing purses, backpacks or other valuables.
- All persons entering the facility are subject to search.