Things to Do
Mark your calendar NOW and send announcements to your family and friends. No tickets are required for the ceremony and parking is FREE!
Commencement Caps and Gowns
- Get your required graduation regalia and other memorabilia at the 2017 Grad Fest event. Grad Fest dates are regularly held over two days in the month of April. Once the 2017 dates have been confirmed, dates will be posted here with location information.
Publications- Commencement Brochure
- If you do not want your name printed in the annual commencement program or on other district graduation lists, please notify the Evaluations Office at 619-388-2680.
Graduates Must Register to Attend the Commencement Ceremony
- Invitations to eligible participants will be mailed starting mid-March. Please refer to your invitation or contact the Evaluations Office at 619-388-2680 for registration instructions.
- At the beginning of the ceremony, graduates will be led down a long hallway to the ceremonial floor. At the end of the ceremony, graduates exit up a flight of stairs. If you require special seating or assistance for yourself during the ceremony please contact the Student Affairs Office at 619-388-2699 (I4-408).
- During the commencement ceremony professional pictures will be taken by a professional photographer. Purchase of these pictures is completely optional and this service is provided for your convenience by the college.
Do we have your current mailing address?
- Commencement invitations, which will include registration information, will be mailed to you beginning late March (for Fall 2016 graduates) and mid-April (for Spring 2017/Summer 2017 graduates) to your mailing address on file. If your mailing address has changed, please be sure to update your information on Reg-e.
Degrees and Certificates
- Degrees and Certificates will be mailed to the address on file in the Evaluations Office once completion of all graduation requirements has been verified and all financial holds have been cleared.
- There is no childcare provided.
- There are no facilities for securing purses, backpacks or other valuables.
- All persons entering the facility are subject to search.