- WE Class List
- Steps to Enroll
- Application Resources
- WE Toolkit - Forms
- Internship Preparation Help
- Frequently Asked Questions
Shawn Fawcett, MS
Work Experience Steps to Enroll:
Have an internship, job, or volunteer position secured and want to receive college credit for your hands-on experience? Complete the Work Experience Application and requirements below to be considered for enrollment this semester and to receive an ADD/permission # to enroll:
- Be a current Mesa College student (Apply online at http://www.sdmesa.edu/apply/)
- Secure a job, internship, or volunteer position (Paid or Unpaid)
- Watch the Work Experience Orientation and complete the Orientation Quiz (Upload into WE Application)
- Complete Part 1 of the Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (All sections and exam - Upload into WE Application)
- Complete the online Work Experience Application (Summer 2020 WE Application Available!) Watch the WE Application Tutorial on the main WE page for assistance as needed.
- Completion of Employer Agreement by Site Supervisor (emailed to Site Supervisor automatically once student WE Application has been submitted)
- Child Development Immunization Verification - Only required of students interested in enrolling in co-requisites CHIL 270 (Pearson, L. | CRN # 22992) and CHIL 151 (Pearson, L. | CRN # 22958). These class sections must be taken together and students must complete and upload the Mesa Child Development Vaccination Form below as proof of vaccination completion. No other verification forms will be accepted.
- Mesa College On-Campus Unpaid Internship SDCCD Volunteer Form - Only required of students working in an on-campus department in an unpaid position.
- Attend mandatory in-person orientation with Work Experience Instructor
COVID-19 ADJUSTMENTS: In response to the current pandemic and impacted closures, remote work will be accepted for Work Experience and the WE faculty orientation and site visits, which typically occur in-person, may take place virtually, most likely via Zoom. For more detailed information, please visit the SDCCD Work Experience website.
Upon submission of your Work Experience Application, the assigned Work Experience Instructor for your class will review your submitted forms for accuracy and completion. Once ALL forms and requirements are approved, the Work Experience Instructor will send an email to you with an ADD/permission # to enroll in the Work Experience class shortly before the semester begins.
Questions? Please contact the Work Experience Coordinator, Shawn Fawcett, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.