Career Ready Guide
What is the Career Ready Guide?
- It is a FREE ONLINE interactive course designed to help you understand, assess, and develop the “power skills” also known as career readiness competencies, companies seek when hiring today’s employees.
- Each chapter takes about 20-30 minutes to complete. Chapters are self-paced and you can choose which chapter you start and in any order.
how to enroll in the online career ready guide:
Follow these steps to create your Career Ready Guide account and access the guide.
How to create your account:
- Go to: https://careerspots.asentialms.com/
- Click in the upper-right corner and click register here in the pop-up box.
- Carefully fill out your profile, include your ACCESS CODE:
- Click CREATE ACCOUNT. Please only create one account.
How to launch the Career Ready Guide (after creating an account):
- You will come to your dashboard. On the right side, click under the word “View” to access the guide.
- Click under the word “Action” to launch your desired chapter.
- Whenever you exit the guide, ALWAYS click in the upper right corner to properly close a chapter.
Career Ready Guide Chapter Overviews:
Are you Career Ready? Skills Employers Want...
- Chapter 1:Professionalism and Work Ethic: Demonstrate personal accountability and effective work habits, e.g., punctuality, working productively with others, and time workload management and understand the impact of non-verbal communication on professional work image.
- Chapter 2:Communication: Articulate thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in written and oral forms to persons inside and outside of the organization.
- Chapter 3:Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Exercises sound reasoning to analyze issues, make decisions and overcome problems.
- Chapter 4:Teamwork and Collaboration: Build collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers representing diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, religions, lifestyles and viewpoints.
- Chapter 5:Digital Technology: Leverages existing digital technology ethically and efficiently to solve problems, completes tasks, and accomplishes goals. Demonstrates effective adaptability to new and emerging technologies.
- Chapter 6:Leadership: Leverage the strengths of others to achieve common goals, and use interpersonal skills to coach and develop others.
- Chapter 7:Global and Intercultural Fluency: Understanding different opinions and cultures and being able to navigate these differences in a respectful way.
- Chapter 8:Career Management: Identify and articulate one’s skills, strengths, knowledge, and experiences relevant to the position desired and career goals, and identify areas of professional growth.
How to Obtain your Career Ready Guide Certificate:
This certificate is a great item to list on your resume and LinkedIn profile!
- When you complete the entire guide, you will automatically earn a certificate of completion from the Career Ready Guide website. You can view, download, and print the certificate from your account.
- When you complete one or more chapters of your choice, you can obtain a certificate of completion for each chapter completed from the Mesa College Career Center and Work-Based Learning team. (See steps below)
- Complete one chapter or more from the online Career Ready Guide.
- Email both Kristina Carson at email@example.com and Raquel Sojourner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email, please provide the following:
- Student ID
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
- Chapter(s) Number and Name that you completed
Insert or attach a screen shot showing the completion of each Chapter and Chapter Quiz (see example below):
- You will receive an electronic copy of your Career Ready Guide Certificate. You should expect to receive your electronic certificate through email within 10 business days (excluding holidays). Due to the current health crisis, we are not issuing hard copy certificates, but if you would like a hard copy, please contact us again once the campus re-opens. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For faculty interested in using the Career Ready Guide for assignments in your course, please review this document here. It outlines sample assignments created by Mesa College Personal Growth and Work Based Learning faculty members.
- For Mesa College and non-IT questions, please feel free to contact Kristina Carson at email@example.com (619) 388-2535 or Raquel Sojourner at firstname.lastname@example.org (619) 388-5921.
- For Career Ready Guide IT questions, contact the help desk email at email@example.com. They are generally available weekdays 9am-4pmEST.
- For Career Ready Guide company questions, contact Kathy Egan from CareerSpots.com at firstname.lastname@example.org