Career Center Events
Workshops & Events
Sign-up for Career Workshops through the Mesa web calendar, at the Career Center (I4-306), or call 619-388-2777. All workshops are held in the Career Center, room I4-306 (3rd floor of I-400 building).
Employer registration is open. Registration will close on March 29, 2019. If you are an employer interested in attending, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a student or alumni, registration is not required to attend the job fair. We hope to see you there!
join us for a full week of events during career week April 8th-11th!
Spring 2019 Career workshop schedule
For the Spring 2019 Career & WBL Workshop Flyer, click here.
Choosing the perfect Major:
- Thursday, April 4th- 1:00-2:00 pm at I4-306
- Monday, April 8th- 3:00-4:00 pm at I4-306
Finding your dream career:
- Thursday, February 28th- 1:00-2:00 pm at I4-306
- Thursday, April 18th- 2:00-3:00 pm at I4-306
What's your mbti personality type:
- Monday, March 4th- 3:00-4:00 pm at I4-306
- Monday, April 15th- 1:00-2:00 pm at I4-306
- Thursday, February 21st- 1:00-2:00 pm at I4-306
- Wednesday, March 13th- 2:00-3:00 at I4-306
- Monday, April 29th- 2:00-3:00 pm at I4-306
- Thursday, May 2nd- 1:00-2:00 pm at I4-306
Job & Internship:
- Wednesday, February 27th- 1:00-2:00 pm at I4-306
- Thursday, March 14th- 2:00-3:00 pm at I4-306
- Thursday, April 25th-2:00-3:00 pm at I4-306
- Wednesday, April 3rd- 1:00-2:00 pm at I4-306
- Wednesday, May 8th- 1:00-2:00 pm at I4-306
- Monday, March 11th- 12:00-1:00 pm at I4-306
- Monday, April 22nd- 1:00-2:00 pm at I4-306
- Monday, May 6th- 2:00-3:00 pm at I4-306
► Peer-to-peer walk-in resume building and career coaching
Need to improve your résumé? The Career Ambassador Program (CAP) offers daily walk-in hours for Mesa College students. Prepare for the upcoming job and internship fair by meeting with a Career Peer Ambassador for a walk-in coaching session, and bring your résumé to the Career Center (I4-306). If you don’t have a résumé, you will receive assistance with creating one. Learn more about their services here.
CAP 2019 Spring Hours:
Mondays, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Tuesdays, 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM & 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Wednesdays, 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM & 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Thursdays, 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM & 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Fridays, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
We will have limited staffing on Tuesdays, and on March 15th & 21st, and April 18th. The Career Center will be closed on the following days: March 25-29, and May 27.
EMPLOYER VISITS TO CAMPUS
The Career Center hosts employers on campus throughout the semester. Employer visits will be posted here and the employers will be located at tables in front of Mesa Commons (breezeway between the cafeteria and bookstore). BRING YOUR RESUME!
► San diego fire department CAMPUS VISIT
A representative from SDFD will be on campus to provide information about open positions within the company.
Please stop by to learn about their employment opportunities!
SDFD is offering excellent career opportunities for motivated and team oriented individuals interested in serving the public. SDFD is a leader in technology and development, setting the stage for career advancement opportunities and offering something for everyone.
- Friday, March 15th, 2019 from 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Location: Mesa Commons (Outside in front of the Bookstore)
- Company information click here.
Would you like to recruit Mesa College students?
Please contact the Mesa College Career Center at email@example.com to set up campus visits or recruitment. The Career Center requires a 3 week notice for any campus visits. Please read our recruitment guidelines here.
Free Speech on Campus: As a public institution, there are free speech areas on campus where persons can disseminate information. These individuals or organizations are in no way hosted by the Career Center or campus. Click to learn more.
Job Network is the free online job board for San Diego Community College students and alumni. Use your CSID# to create your free account and get started.
- Click here for a tutorial on how to register for the Job Network. *Make sure you have registered
for a JobNetwork account.