Welcome to Mesa student services!
Campus Closure Announcement
The campus is currently closed as a precaution to limit the spread of COVID-19.
For the health and safety of our students, employees, and community, Mesa's support services and classes are now being offered remotely. We will return to on-campus operations when we can all do so safely.
During this closure, we will respond to emails and voicemails during normal business hours, so don't hesitate to reach out. We are here to support you.
- For the latest Mesa College COVID-19 update, click HERE.
- For information about the CARES Act, click HERE.
- For helpful basic needs resources, click HERE.
- For remote student services, visit HERE. You'll also find contact information on this page.
- For helpful tutorials and guides for: Zoom, Canvas, and MySDCCD Portal, click HERE.
- For additional services information, hover over the words "Student Services," above, for links to all department Web pages.
- For answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs), visit the SDCC District page HERE.
- For class information, refer to your syllabi and contact your professors using the contact information you find there.
In the coming days, more information will also be placed in Canvas. Check your emails
and Canvas regularly.
Be safe and well,
San Diego Mesa College Student Services Team
Student Services is dedicated to creating the conditions that matter for our students to succeed! We do this by providing pathways that inspire, engage and empower our diverse communities and through values steeped in equity and excellence.
Our role is to support you as you walk the path from admissions, engagement, obtainment of a certificate and/or degree, graduation, transfer, real-work experience and career exploration.. This support can be found in our offices, including -
- Admissions, Assessment/Testing, Associated Students, Career, Counseling and Orientation, Evaluations, Financial Aid, Outreach Student Affairs, Student Development, Student Success and Equity, Student Health, Transfer, Veterans and Records and the Vice President of Student Services Office.
Support is also found through programs for students with varied abilities, first-generation, low-income and diverse populations, including
- AB 540/Borderless Scholars, AVANZA Engagement Center, CalWORKs, CARE, DSPS, EOPS, Former Foster Youth/NextUp, Formerly Incarcerated Students, STAR TRIO and The Stand: Food Pantry & Professional Clothing Closet.
Our offices are located in the Student Services Center, I400 where we offer computers, open study spaces, a Serenity Room, pay for print stations and the Terrace Café.
Come see us often. We're glad you're here.
Student Services Center I-400
Building Hours: M-T: 8:00-7:00 l W-Th: 8:00-6:00 l F: 8:00-3:00
(The Campus and Buildings will be closed through Fall 2020 due to COVID-19)
Department Hours: See HERE
We value equity and inclusiveness and are strengthened by the cultural mosaic of our community.
We value authentic respect, communication, and interaction with others, and promote an environment that encourages the responsible exchange of divergent opinions.
We value creativity, fresh-thinking, and new ideas that advance our practice and services to students.
Excellence and Continuous Improvement
We value accountability through ongoing,meaningful, reflection, and dialogue about the holistic student experience which informs our planning, growth, and progress.
Access, Learning, & Success
We value and support our students in pursuit of their personal and educational goals; we commit ourselves to support them and ensure that we are good stewards of our resources.
We value and support all members of our college community and are committed to fostering a synergistic environment that promotes teamwork, communication, active participation, and professional development.
We value honest, clear dialogue and action with our students and college community.