General Scholarship Information
The 2012/2013 Scholarship Application cycle is now closed. Notification letters will be sent to recipients in early April. Our annual scholarship awards gala will be held at the DoubleTree, Hazard Center on Friday, April 26, 2013. Ticket sales will begin on April 8, 2013.
If you missed the scholarship cycle this year and are a continuing student, be sure to visit the scholarship website the first week in December for the 2013/2014 scholarship opportunities!
Steps to Completing Your Scholarship Application
- Review the complete listing of available scholarships.
- Read bulletin to identify scholarships for which you are eligible.
- Copy the Application from the web.
- Copy the Application Biographical Questionnaire and attach to each scholarship you apply for (except the ones that have their own questionnaire). Suggestion: Make copies of the filled-out Biographical questionnaire to use with each scholarship you apply for. BE SURE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION(S)
- Write essay. BE SURE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION(S)
- Get letter(s) of recommendation (ask early, not at the last minute!) Click the following link for informaton on how to Obtain letters of recommendation.
General Requirements for Mesa Scholarship
- Completed Biographical Questionnaire
- Completed Essay as required in the Scholarship Supplement
- Attached Letter of Recommendation (if required in the Scholarship Supplement)
- Signed and completed packet needs to be brought to the Student Affairs Office in I4-408 by Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 5:00pm.
Help in Completing Your Scholarship Applications
Scholarship Essay Writing Workshops
Filling out the application form is the "easy" part, but there are things you need to know
about writing a strong scholarship essay that can make or break your chances of success.
This hour-long workshop will help you find out what they are.
- December 10 2:00-3:00 p.m. I4-207
- February 6 6:00-7:30 p.m. LRC 435
- February 13 11:00-12:00 p.m. LRC 435
- February 14 3:30-4:30 p.m. I4-404
There are a number of resources and people available to assist you in submitting your scholarship applications.
This is in addition to the support staff in Student Affairs.
- Tutoring Center
- EOPS (for help with EOPS and CARE scholarships and grants)
- HONORS (for help with Honors department scholarships)
- Other Financial Resources available (Financial Aid Office)
INTERESTED IN STARTING A SCHOLARSHIP OR MAKING A DONATION TO THE MESA FOUNDATION?
Visit the Dean of Student Affairs Office in I4-408, give us a call at 619.388.2699 or complete the following questionnaire. Scholarship Donor Questionnaire