Mesa College is on Facebook!
Like Mesa? "Like" us on Facebook! You can link to our Facebook page from Mesa's homepage, or go to facebook.com/sandiegomesacollege. If we can help you with anything, just send us a post!
Tweet? follow President Pamela Luster @sdmesaprez.
For event listings at Mesa College, please click on This Month at Mesa on left.
Welcome to Mesa College Communication Services
Welcome to the Mesa College Newsroom and the home page of the Mesa College Communication Services Department. We assist media and provide marketing assistance for Mesa College programs, faculty and staff. If you've reached this page in error, here are some important offices you may want to call directly:
Financial Aid 619-388-2817
Student Affairs 691-388-2699
Meet Our Team!
(r) Lina Heil, Public Information Officer
(c) Carol Beilstein, Graphic Artist/ Photographer
(l) Anabel Pulido, Graphic Artist/ Photographer
Office Location: Building H400, (next to the Free Speech Stage), Campus Map
Mailing Address / Office Hours: San Diego Mesa College, Communication Services, M/S H500, 7250 Mesa College Drive, San Diego, CA 92111-4998
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 7 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., (summer hours vary)
Services for Media
The Information Officer serves as the media contact for San Diego Mesa College. Please contact Lina Heil (619-388-2759, firstname.lastname@example.org) with your media and photography requests.
Services for Faculty and Staff:
We're here to help you decide what you want and what best meets your goals, whether it's a flyer, postcard, e-marketing, web or print campaign. Even better, we can help help you create a comprehensive marketing plan to best create awareness of your program and reach your target audience, within budget and on-time. We can also publicize your upcoming events, brainstorm about public relations opportunities, and contact the media about new programs, services and student success stories. Your first step is to contact Lina to discuss your needs and make a plan! We look forward to hearing from and working with you!
We are always seeking engaging stories about faculty, students and staff to help us tell Mesa's story through This Month at Mesa, the Mesa eNews and in the local meda. Please let us know what's happening in your department or share a story idea about a student or faculty member.
The following is a list of awards received by the Mesa College Communications Services Department in 2010-2011.
National Council for Marketing and Public Relations
Medallion Awards, District 6 (Calif.)
1. Poster B Category, Silver Medallion (Anabel Pulido dance poster)
2. Annual Report (2009-2010), Silver Medallion, Lina Heil and Carol Beilstein)
3. Original Photography, Bronze Medallion (Anabel Pulido, Student Protest photo)
4. Folder, Bronze Medallion (Carol Beilstein, Outreach, Gear-Up Folder)
National Council for Marketing and Public Relations – Paragon NATIONAL Awards
5. Student Handbook, Silver Paragon Award (Anabel Pulido/Student Services)
6. Brand Experience Implementation, Bronze Paragon Award, 2010 (Lina Heil, WE ARE MESA mission/vision/values branding campaign)
California Community College Public Relations Organization (CCPRO)
7. 2011 Pro Award, First Place, Annual Report (Lina Heil and Carol Beilstein)
8. Theatre/Performing Arts Promotional/Ad Campaign, 2nd Place (Anabel Pulido and Dance Dept)
9. Poster, , 2nd Place (Anabel Pulido and Dance Dept)
10. Folder, 2nd Place (Carol Beilstein and Outreach Dept “GearUp Campaign”)
11. Promotional/Ad Campaign, Third Place (Lina Heil, WE ARE MESA mission/vision/values branding campaign)