- E. F. K. Music Scholarships
- Gustavo Romero Music Scholarships
- Shellist Memorial Music Scholarship
To provide merit-based scholarships to incoming students at Mesa College who desire to sing with the Mesa College Vocal Ensemble or play jazz with the Mesa College Jazz Band
- New student to Mesa College Vocal Ensemble or Mesa College Jazz Band.
- Grade Point Average of 2.6 or better
- Previous experience in a performing ensemble
- Enrolled for 12 or more units at Mesa College.
- Enroll for the Mesa College Vocal Ensemble or Mesa College Jazz Band for both semesters of the school year.
- Complete and submit the required application and supporting materials in accordance with the established process and criteria.
- Two letters of recommendation including one from your ensemble teacher. (See "Application Procedures" below).
- "Live audition" - Thursday, July 26
Note: Preference will be given to declared Music Majors. (Students enrolling in Theory, Ear-training and the Applied Music Program)
Audition Procedures: (Audition times will be arranged after application is complete. See below.)
- Please prepare a 2-3 minute solo that demonstrates your current skill level. An accompanist will be provided or you can bring your own.
- Vocalists will be asked to demonstrate their sight-reading skills and pitch-matching skills.
- Instrumentalists, please prepare to play major and minor scales and arpeggios in keys up to four sharps and flats in at least one octave. If you know any modal and blues scales, please be prepared to demonstrate.
- Instrumentalists, please prepare to improvise over simple, common (Bb, F, and C) blues.
- There will be a short "Theory knowledge" sheet that we will ask you to complete.
- Fill out and submit the application below
- Recommendation letters can be sent by email. Give your two references the following email address: email@example.com
- Be certain to email Prof. Richard Chagnon immediately after completing the application. You will then be contacted to arrange an audition time.
- If you have questions, email: Prof. Richard Chagnon - firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please complete the application and press submit. Then email Dr. Chagnon: email@example.com to inform him that you have applied.