Proactive & Integrated Student & Academic Support
The mission of the Proactive and Integrated Student and Academic Support Pathways inquiry group (PIZZAS) is to be model communicators, intentionally bringing the campus community together to investigate new and ongoing innovative, promising, and equitable support practices for students. At the heart of our mission are open, shared, and continuous inquiry and learning. Our goal is to integrate support services into the fabric of students’ learning experiences at Mesa, proactively meeting students where they are and supporting their educational achievement.
- Assess student needs and gaps in understanding related to support services.
- Inquire into methods and opportunities for building direct relationships with students through student and academic support services.
- Assess departmental capacities & resource needs for both instructional and student support services.
- Determine opportunities for collaboration and sharing of resource with and among various grants and other resources available to the campus to ensure success and longevity of these programs.
- Meet students where they are: student research related to service perceptions and gaps will be explored. Proposals for enhanced services will be developed.
- Assess departmental capacities & needs: assessments will help determine needs.
- Broad collaboration among support areas: opportunities for large-scale/innovative means for collaboration will be recommended.
Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month from 2:15 pm – 3:45 pm. Meetings are being held virtually until further notice.
|Fall Semester 2020||Spring Semester 2021|
Agendas & Meeting Notes:
|Spring Semester 2020||Fall Semester 2019|
|Name||Title||Department / Program / Affiliations|
|Mark Manasse (Co-Chair)||Professor||Learning Resources and Academic Support|
|Trina Larson (Co-Chair)||Admin Sec.||Student Services|
|Brian Mackus||Instructional Support Supervisor||STEM|
|Hai Hoang||Research Analyst||Research Office|
|Howard Eskew||Pathways Coordinator||Business Faculty|
|Johanna Aleman||Basic Needs Coordinator||Student Services|
|Katie Palacios||Assistant Professor||LOFT|
|Markus Berrien||Assistant Professor/Counselor||EOPS/NextUP|
|Ngoc Kim Tran||Professor||Math|
|Sade Burrell||Assistant Professor/Counselor||EOPS/CARE/NextUp|
|Suzanne Khambata||Director||Student Health Services|
|Zoe Adler||Instructional Assistant||Learning Resources and Academic Support|