On-Boarding & Career Exploration
- Align organization structures and resources to support student career preparation and exploration as an integral aspect of learning.
- Investigate technological access to career exploration software including electronic resources and databases for career exploration that facilitates student career exploration
- Establish a community of practice between student services and instruction focusing on career exploration.
- Review gap analysis regarding career exploration and services.
- Explore ways to integrate work-based learning in the student experience
- Strengthen Counselor liaisons to instruction programs
- Develop training to increase Personal Growth 130 courses; focus on career and life planning
- Build dialog in improving career exploration with feeder high schools
- Investigate career exploration activities / assignments that instructional faculty may choose to incorporate in their classroom. Build a system to support faculty in assisting career guidance and majors with students.
- Creation of a strategic implementation plan focused on majors and career exploration which includes both instruction and student services
- A concrete and accessible “interface” for students who can access information at their convenience
- Creation and scheduling of one-unit courses on career industry exploration within a program of study
- Increase the offerings of Personal Growth130 courses.
- Build stronger ties between Counseling Faculty and Instruction to better support the varied student needs with in the programs
- Increase understanding of suggested sequence course-taking patterns through the lens of instruction in order to support student education planning and for instructional faculty to understand scheduling challenges faced by students from counseling faculty
- Strengthen dissemination of information to students regarding skill development in each of the college’s programs.
Meetings are being held virtually until further notice.
|Fall Semester 2019||Spring Semester 2020|
Agendas & Meeting Notes:
|Spring Semester 2020|
|Name||Title||Department / Program / Affiliations|
|Supervisor||Career, Transfer and Evaluations Center|
|Shawn Fawcett (Co-Chair)||Faculty||Work-Based Learning Coordinator|
|Agustin Rivera||Classified Professional||AVANZA, CRUISE, Peer Navigator Program|
|Alicia Lopez||Classified Professional||Senior Student Services Assistant|
|Amy Bettinger||Classified Professional||SSSP/Assessment and Placement|
|Charlie Lieu||Classified Professional||College Technical Analyst|
|Duane Wesley||Faculty||Computer & Information Sciences|
|Dulce Carolina Lopez||Classified Professional||Admissions|
|Joel Arias||Classified Professional||Web Design & Development|
|Karla Trutna||Supervisor||Outreach Coordinator and Assessment Supervisor|
|Kim Mills||Faculty||Allied Health - RadTech|
|Kris Secor||Faculty||Web Development|
|Leroy Johnson||Faculty, Department Chair||Counseling|
|Monica Romero||Associate Dean||Career Technical Education|
|Olivia Picolla||Classified Professional||Student Services Technician|
|Pavel Consuegra||Faculty||Internship Coordinator|
|Rachel Russell||Faculty||Geographic Information Systems|
|Raquel Aparacio||Supervisor||Admissions Supervisor|
|Raquel Sojourner||Faculty||Counseling/Career Coordinator|
|Sharon Hughes||Faculty||Accelerated College Program|
|Toni Parsons||Faculty||Mathematics, GP Co-Coordinator|