Since the LRC is not designed to be "child friendly" there is a particular need for parents to provide direct supervision over their children at all times. To that end the following procedures have been established:
Children of Mesa Students, Faculty, Staff and visitors may accompany their parents into the LRC if the following conditions are met:
1. Parents must directly supervise their children at all times to ensure their safety. Parents must pay particular attention to the unprotected stairways and balconies, automatic elevators, and electrical fixtures that are installed throughout the building.
2. Children may not be sent on errands or allowed to wander about the building without their parents. Specifically, children must be under the direct supervision and control of their parents for the entire time they are in the LRC.
3. The LRC maintains a collection which includes books and publications that are not appropriate for children. Also, the LRC Internet access is completely unfiltered and access to websites that are not appropriate for children is possible from all LRC computers. Parents must be responsible for what their children read or view while they are in the LRC.
4. Most locations of the LRC are designated as quiet areas. Parents will be asked to remove children who are noisy or disruptive.
The following summary of these procedures is posted at the entrance of the LRC and at several locations throughout the building:
- Children may enter the LRC only under the direct supervision of their parent.
- Parents are responsible for their children's safety and behavior at all times.
- Children must never be left unattended.
- Parents will be asked to remove their children if they become disruptive, or if the children fail to stay with the parents.