To Schedule Class Sessions (Procedures for faculty) :
- You must schedule your class(es) at least 2 weeks prior to the date(s) on which you wish to bring your students. SCHEDULE EARLY; THE EARLIER, THE BETTER .
- You may request instruction for your class(es) via the request form. If you have any questions please contact Alison Steinberg Gurganus at 619-388-2938.
- When you schedule your class(es), be prepared to discuss with the Instruction Librarian what you would like included in the session(s).
- Please contact us if you find you are unable to keep your appointment. If you wish to reschedule, contact the Instruction Librarian.
- Please inform your class(es) in advance of their forthcoming visit(s) to the LRC and the assignment connected to that visit. Have your class(es) meet you in the library's classroom (LRC-114) to make maximum use of time.
- Instructors must be present during all library instruction sessions. The District considers the librarians to be outside or guest speakers for your class and "a guest speaker does not replace the requirement of a certificated instructor to be in attendance at all classes." In addition, having you present adds to the session by
- emphasizing its importance;
- helping to maintain order and discipline;
- allowing you to contribute in ways that can encourage interaction and questions about the application of library resources, both in general and to your particular assignment; and
- providing you with information about new resources of which you may not be aware.
- If you have any questions or wish to schedule your class(es), contact Alison Steinberg, Instruction Librarian at (619) 388-2938 or James Jaworski, Instructional Lab Technician at (619) 388-2499.
- Please do not bring your class(es) without scheduling them first. There might be another class already using the library's facilities.
To Schedule Individualized Sessions (Students, faculty, staff, administrators):