Animal Health Technology
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Animal Health Technology Program will be able to:
- Properly and safely restrain the various species that are commonly seen in veterinary medicine.
- Properly and accurately perform and record a thorough physical exam using medical terminology on the various species seen in veterinary medicine.
- Properly and accurately collect, analyze, and interpret blood, urine, and fecal samples from small animals, exotics, pocket pets, avians, and large animals.
- Produce a series of diagnostic radiographs in common domestic species.
- Induce anesthesia, monitor the patient during the procedure, and then recover the animal completely from the anesthetic and surgical event.