Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Architecture Program will be able to:
- Critical thinking: Think critically in a problem/project based curriculum that requires solving spatial, social, engineering and sustainable design problems developing personal, creative and individual solutions.
- Communication: Write about, speak about, and/or graphically articulate solutions to design problems and the processes of arriving at these solutions to faculty, visiting critics, clients, and fellow students.
- Self-awareness and interpersonal skills: Demonstrate a greater sense of self-awareness and interpersonal skills while participating in team projects, role-playing, and workplace scenarios.
- Global awareness: Demonstrate knowledge of global issues and an awareness of design programs, design projects, historical design issues, and cultural and social perspectives that are international in scope, including issues of sustainability and environmental sensitivity.
- Technological awareness: Demonstrate technological awareness through the use of state-of-the-art equipment and software including computers, scanners, plotters, printers, copiers, digital projectors, and current editions of software utilized in the profession.