Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Geography Program will have the ability to:
- CRITICAL THINKING: Think critically in reading about topics in Geography, thereby identifying problems, theses, arguments, evidence and conclusions.
- COMMUNICATION : Write or speak about topics in Geography, thereby addressing problems, formulating theses, making arguments, analyzing and weighing evidence, and deriving conclusions.
- PERSONAL ACTIONS AND CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY: Demonstrate an ability to understand one’s role in society, take responsibility for one’s own actions, and make ethical decisions in complex situations.
- GLOBAL AWARENESS: Articulate similarities and contrasts among cultures, times, and environments, demonstrating an understanding of cultural pluralism.
- TECHNOLOGICAL AWARENESS: Demonstrate an ability to understand applications and implications of technology and to use technology in ways appropriate to the situation. This outcome includes information competency skills.