2013-2014 Funding Proposal
FESTIVAL OF COLORS
Date: April 23rd, 2013
Time: 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Students Services Center Plaza Stage (between I-300 and I-400 buildings)
Schedule of Events:
- 11:00 - 12:00: Spoken Word, Hosted by Mesa College BSU
- 12:30-1:00: Classical Music Ensemble
- 1:00 – 1:45: Mesa College Jazz Ensemble
- 2:00 – 3:00: Mesa College Student Diversity Open Forum
- 3:00 – 3:30: Native American Drum and Dance Troop
- 3:30 - 4:00: Open Student Forum
- 4:00 – 4:30: Theatrical Reading of One-Woman Play
- 4:30 – 5:00: African Drum and Dance Troop
- 5:00 – 5:45: "O' Hawai'i: Visions of the Ancient and New" Dance Performance
- 6:00 – 6:30: Japanese Violin Performance
Craft vendors will also have booths setup selling their goods.
Student Health Services and Black Studies Department presents:
Mastering Excellence Workshop Series: Part I:
Mastering Positive Self Identity
Saturday, March 9th 2013
10am – 1pm
Mesa College: (G104/105) Lunch provided by Carmen's Mexican Restaurant
The Chicana/o Studies Department presents a book reading and discussion with
Editor of the OC Weekly, Author of “¡Ask a Mexican!”
Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Room H-117/118 11:10AM
Click on PROGRAMS for Spring 2013 Events
About the Humanities Institute
Since it began as a campus-wide initiative in September of 1990, the Humanities Institute has supported the work of faculty and staff to bring diverse programming/events (including organizing and sponsoring conferences, guest speaker series, and community partnerships) to Mesa College. In the past, this was made possible by having a full-time faculty member and staff support to coordinate this level of work with the campus.
The current Humanities Institute works to:
- Provide a funding base for faculty and staff to use for coordinating/organizing programs/events that promote our mission of working to serve as an internal vehicle for cultural, Interdisciplinary and San Diego Mesa College community priorities.
- Provide support to complete paperwork related to funded programming/events.
- Provide a network of campus and community partners for publicizing programming/events through email and print.