2012 - 2013
Co-Chairs (President's Designee):
- Sue Schrader-Hanes (adjunct faculty Psychological Counselor)
- Starla Lewis (Black Studies)
- Charlotta Robertson, Acting Dean, Instructional Services
- Denise Rogers (Art History/Fine Arts)
- Lisa Smolich (adjunct faculty Anthropology)
- Judy Sundayo (Counselor)
- Claudia Cuz
- Brandon Terrell
- Amanda Torres
- Marissa Grant
- Deborah Kim
- Daniel Tjandra
- Community Members (TBD)
The Mesa College Diversity Committee shall promote acceptance and appreciation of all members of our campus community as we learn from each other and celebrate our diversity.
1) To inform the Mesa community of diversity activities on campus
2) To act as a resource for diversity and cultural competence
- Appreciation of similarities and differences that are universal to all human beings
- Harmonious relationships among diverse groups on campus
- Inclusion and success of all members of the campus community
- Integration of diversity in all aspects of institutional viability and vitality
Vision, Mission, Values statement, March 23, 2010
Once monthly, as scheduled by the committee.
The committee's first meeting will be on Friday, October 23, 2009 from 10:30 - 12:00.
The committee will be chaired by the president or his/her designee.
Following the shared governance process, members will be identified from each of the shared governance groups:
In addition, the following will be invited to participate:
Community Members (1-2)
Campus-Based Researcher (consultant) (1)
Original 9/15/09; Revised 4/13/10; 9/27/10; 09/22/11; 10/30/12