San Diego Mesa College Financial Aid "TERMS OF AGREEMENT"
- I understand that if, during the academic year, I receive financial aid at any other institution I must notify the Financial Aid Office at Mesa College. Failure to do so may result in an overpayment, which will have to be repaid. I understand that if repayment is required for any reason, I will be ineligible to receive additional aid until full repayment is made. A hold will be placed on my records until I repay the amount owed.
- I understand that if I withdraw from or drop ALL of my classes, or I do not attend a late start class for which I have been paid, I may need to repay a portion of any Federal Title IV aid that I receive.
- I understand that, with the exception of the Board of Governors Enrollment Fee Waiver, in order to be eligible to receive funds listed on any award letter, I must be enrolled in at least one class at San Diego Mesa College.
- I understand that, if eligible, my Pell Grant disbursement will be based on my enrollment level at the time of the Enrollment Status Date, which is indicated on the payment dates schedule.
- I understand that my financial aid award is contingent upon my meeting and maintaining satisfactory academic progress. I understand that a copy of the Policy for Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Aid Recipients has been made available on-line at www.sdmesa.edu. I agree that I will read these standards. I understand that there is an appeal process, which I may follow to have my Financial Aid status reconsidered.
- I understand that Student Education Plans are highly recommended, but are not required by the Financial Aid Office unless I am in an appeal situation, or if I request a sophomore level student loan amount. I also understand that my future eligibility for financial aid may be jeopardized if I do not take classes that are required to complete my current degree objective.
- If I am awarded a Pell Grant, I authorize San Diego Mesa College to establish a bookstore account in my name using my estimated Pell Grant eligibility (excluding Non-Resident students). If I choose to use this account, any funds remaining (that I am eligible to receive) will be disbursed to me after the bookstore period has ended according to the payment dates schedule. I also understand that, if eligible, I may purchase a bus pass using my Pell Grant award. These benefits are not available if the Pell Grant award is made on or after the end of the semester add/drop period.
- I understand that my signature/PIN on the FAFSA authorized the release of any records pertaining to my State and Federal aid to any educational institution, guarantee agency, or State and/or Federal entity, for the purpose of maintaining compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- I understand that the most current academic OFFICIAL transcripts from all prior institutions attended must be on file with the San Diego Community College District.
- I understand that I will not be eligible for aid if I owe a repayment or overpayment on ANY Aid [including Student Loans] to another educational institution. I also understand that I will not be eligible for any Federal Aid if I am in "Default" on any student loan [Stafford, Direct, PLUS, SLS, or Perkins] from any institution.
- If I am or become a non-resident, I authorize San Diego Mesa College to credit my student account with any Pell Grant and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant funds for which I qualify to cover applicable tuition and enrollment fees. I also understand that I must pay the balance of tuition and fees within the required timeframe or I will be dropped for non-payment.
- Beginning July 1st 2012, all Federal Pell Grant recipients are subject to a Pell Grant maximum lifetime eligibility as a full time student equivalent to 12 semesters of grant disbursed as a Full Time student and/or 6 years of Pell Grant received.
- If I am enrolled in on-line courses only and I reside outside of the state of California, I understand that I will NOT be eligible to receive Financial Aid from any San Diego Community College District school.
Pell Grant funds received from a prior college within the same academic year will be considered in determining your eligibility for the Pell Grant award
I have read and fully understand the provisions stated above. My signature and/or PIN on the FAFSA [Free Application for Federal Student Aid] and receipt of any financial Aid funding and/or any program eligibility hereby certifies that I will maintain full compliance with the terms listed above.
If you chose not to receive notification via e-mail, please contact the Financial Aid Office to remove your e-mail address.