- Application Process
- Appeal Workshops
- Cost of Attendance
- Deadline Dates
- Experimental Site Initiative
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Online Resources
- Payment Disbursement Dates
- Programs Available
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Terms of Agreement
- Return to Title IV Policy
- Work Study
The “I Can Afford College” campaign’s “A Little Bit of Magic” video produced by the Zach King Team about financial aid available to students at California’s 113 community colleges.
- FAFSA on the Web (Create or edit a FAFSA application online with your pin.)
- FAFSA Pin Website (Request your FAFSA Pin here.)
- Internal Revenue Service (To determine whether you need to file a tax return.)
- SDCCD Reg-e (Once your FAFSA is complete, you can access your Mesa Financial Aid information here.)
Financial Aid Programs Literature - State
- FUND YOUR FUTURE Digital Magazine. The California Student Aid Commission is the principal state agency responsible for administrating financial aid programs for students attending public and private universities, colleges, and vocational schools in California. FUND YOUR FUTURE is a Commission's complementary publication which provides financial aid policy analysis and leadership, in partnership with California's colleges, universities, financial aid institutions and financial aid associations.
- California Student Aid Commission (For information on the Cal Grant Program.)
Financial Aid Programs Literature - Federal
- FEDERAL STUDENT AID . The office of Federal Student Aid provides publications, fact sheets, online tools, and other resources to help you prepare and pay for college or career school.
FINANCIAL LITERACY & UNDERSTANDINGS
Guide to Graduating Debt-Free: http://www.moneygeek.com/education/college/resources/debt-free-college-education-guide/
FINANCIAL AID OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
Scholarships and Grants
(This list is offered as information only. Please be cautious and educated when reviewing/applying for on-line resource opportunities. The following links are accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of posting and may expire. )
Before filling out personal information for scholarship applications look for the privacy information disclosed on their webpage. Using that piece of information decide what is in your best interest. We have received notification that: “ScholarshipPoints” and its owner, “Edvisors”, are among a growing number of companies that collect and then sell prospective students’ personal information by offering them a chance at scholarships, or even simply links to other people’s. Known by the sales term 'lead generators,' these companies pass along email addresses, phone numbers and home addresses to marketing partners, such as colleges and textbook companies, and students soon find themselves getting calls and emails they didn’t know to expect.
(updated June 2017)
San Diego Mesa College offers great annual scholarships. Please check out the Office of Student Affairs page for complete listing and application windows.
- Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants scholarship program
- AWeber Email Marketing - Developing Futures Scholarship
- B. Davis $1000 Scholarship
- Best10anything Internet Marketing Scholarship, $500
- Cal Coast Cares Foundation Foster Student Scholarship program
- California Transportation Foundation scholarships. There are many listed.
- Cal Trans Disability Advisory Committee (DAC) Scholarship.
- CG Trader $200 & $500 Scholarships
- Change a Life Foundation Scholarship for students considered a foster youth, former foster youth/emancipated youth, ward of the court, or non-minor dependent.
- Credit Zipper Scholarship, $1000
- Cyber Awareness Training Scholarship, $1000
- Dimensions Women’s Scholarship
- Disabled Person, Inc is offering a Scholarship Competition for College Students with Disabilities
- Drone Business Marketer, Michael Karp $500 Scholarship
- Ferry Schedules.com is offering an annual scholarship of $500.
- Furious Grill Eat healthy Scholarship
- Giant Mommy, $1000 Scholarship
- GoodCall Scholarship Engine
- Healthcare Communicators (HCC) of San Diego $2000 Scholarship
- Herl’s Bath & Tile Solutions Core Values Scholarship Contest, $1000
- HugMe.Fashion Designing Student Scholarship, $500
- Jan Egerton and Don Smitley memoriam Scholarship, Mesothelioma Help DEADLNHE March 7, 2017
- John M. O'Brien & Associates local law firm Scholarship
- Law Office of Goldberg Weisman Cairo Annual Scholarship
- Law Office of Vikas Bajaj, APC $2,500 Scholarship
- Madison Heating and Cooling, $500 Scholarship
- New Your Computer Rental, $2,000 Scholarship
- Parentinn’s, Cyberbullying Prevention for Teens Scholarship, $2500
- Planet Dish, a leading TV service retailer is offering a $500 scholarship.
- Queen Square Dental Clinic Scholarship Program
- Rice Law Office $1500 Scholarship
- Stevens & McMillan Scholarship, $1500
- Stewart J. Guss Video Scholarship contest, $1000
- Student Fitness Scholarship by FITTOUS
- Tania Matthews Team Real Estate Scholarship
- Techtyche Digital Media Scholarship. This scholarship is valued at 1000 USD and is meant for all high school, trade school, college or university students who have interest in “Digital Media”. The students can participate regardless of their academic discipline.
- Technical Generation Scholarship, $2,000 Scholarship
- TonaLaw Veteran’s Scholarship, $1000
- TopProducts Single Mother Scholarship, $1000
- Trekking Pole Scholarship $1,250 Scholarship
- Vernon Computer Source Scholarships
- Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley & Jane M. Klausman Scholarship committee is offering the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business 2017 Scholarship.
* * * * * * * *
- San Diego Mesa College offers great annual scholarships. Please check out the Office of Student Affairs page for complete listing and application windows.
- Search site for Financial Aid sources.
* * * * * * * *
- ABODO is all about helping students find housing and they wanted to help students further by offering this
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Younger Member Forum Scholarship for direct application link. The San Diego ASCE Younger Members Forum (YMF) promotes the civil engineering profession to the greater San Diego Community and provides a transition for engineers from student life to the professional world through social, educational, and philanthropic events while upholding the core values of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Anchell International Documentary Photography Scholarship. The scholarship is intended to encourage students to become involved in social issues, and to promote socially conscious documentary photography
- Apartment List "...As a company filled with many college grads, we know that college is an important life endeavor, but one that can be expensive. We couldn’t have graduated without a little help along the way, and we want to give back to the future leaders of America. Therefore, we are offering a $2,500 scholarship to outstanding students who exemplify one or more of Apartment List’s core values:..."
- Azazie Fashion Leaders Scholarship Program. This is a new $1000 scholarship available for undergraduate students studying fashion at an accredited U.S. college or university. Students are encouraged to submit a video application.
- Best Price Nutrition: "Our company is offering one student a $1,000 paid scholarship towards their academic costs for the 2015 college school year. We have offered this scholarship to students the past few years, and happy to assist with their tuition costs."
- Bizshark Annual Bizshark Startup Scholarship.
- Blaze WiFi Scholarship Rural Students Scholarship Essay Contest.
- Business Plan Scholarship for Students with DisabilitiesThe winner will receive a $1000 scholarship. Submission Deadlines: April 1 (Spring semester), November 1 (Fall semester).
- CGTrader Scholarship 2016 challenge to win $1,000 for your education bills. All you have to do is write and submit an original essay on the topic The future of virtual reality: on the footsteps of changing the world or on the brink of failure?
- Chicago Injury Centeris proud to offer four scholarships for disabled US Veterans, ranging from $250 to $1000. Applicants should write a 500+ word essay discussing the unique challenges they have faced as a disabled veteran and how their experiences have prepared them to overcome the challenges they will see as students.
- Children of Police Officers. Larry R. Williams, PLLC is offering a $2,000 scholarship for children of police officers.
- Dallas Car Accident Lawyers Caner Awareness Scholarship
- Davis Scholarship This Scholarship is available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any post-secondary institution. DEADLINE: May 22, 2017
- Design a Shirt, Win a Scholarship (http://www.printdetective.com/scholarship) This is a contest which allows students to enter their unique T-shirt designs and vote on their favorites. The entry with the most votes will win a $500 scholarship
- DermMedica Scholarship
- Diet Spotlight Scholarships available.
- Diabetes Scholarship offered by the Los Angeles DUI Attorneys
- CBA is offering a need based $500 Scholarship for college students (current or senior)
- Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC) for undocumented undergraduate and graduate students.
- Emancipated Youth Scholarship
- EXCEL Builders Scholarship
- ezDinero Latino Scholarship Fund. The goal of ezDinero financial solutions is to provide greater access and opportunity to higher education for outstanding students from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Financial Aid REsource Center(Addresses and links to state education and guaranty agencies.)
- FormSwift "Why a scholarship [from FormSwift]? We are a small team, made up of recent college grads, and want to provide students with a way to both pay for tuition and prove their startup savvy"
- Frame My Future
- Funding your education (Financial aid information from the Department of Education office.)
- Funding your Computer Science Degree (Finding & Applying for Scholarships & Grants). Paying for a computer science degree can be challenging for many. CS students can read on to find scholarships and grants to make their college education a reality, and will also find information and resources specifically for minority students, including women, African-American, Hispanic, Asian, and LGBTQ students.
- Goedeker's Scholarship The scholarship is available to all students (Undergraduate and Graduate) and available to all fields of study. Goedeker’s Appliances Annual College Textbook Scholarship and the Goedeker’s Appliances Annual Public Service College Scholarship
- Grade Potential Tutoring is proud to provide San Diego students with the opportunity to win an annual college scholarship of $1,000!
- Hitting The Golf Ball Sports Scholarship. Award $1000,
- Hammock Experts is offering a $1,500 annual scholarship (one time) and 4 scholarships available every year (2 per semester).
- IT Wraps $1000 Scholarship essay contest
- K9 Cartsfor students studying veterinary medicine or a related field.
- Law Offices of Kensley R Barrett $500 college scholarship to the winner of an all new essay contest.
- Lead Roster B2B Sales & Marketing Scholarship (https://www.leadroster.com/?scholarship). The Lead Roster B2B Sales & Marketing Scholarship is a highly competitive award for high school and college students interested in sales & marketing. Unlike most scholarships which require a simple essay and "good luck" to win, the Lead Roster scholarship puts the tools for winning in your hands by judging your entry on your ability to market and sell your own ideas!
- LeafFilter Gutter Protection Scholarship Program "The LeafFilter gutter guard scholarship recipient will be awarded $500 to use towards tuition or books."
- Liljegren Law Firm Scholarship- Attorney Scott Liljegren began his legal career in the Navy's JAG Corps and understands the importance of military service. To say thank you, the Liljegren Law Firm will be offering two $500 awards each August. Veterans, spouses, or children of military service men and women are eligible.
- Los Angeles DUI Attorney Diabetes Scholarship
- The MD Labs Scholarship Program. MD Labs awards semi-annual pharmacy scholarships through its various programs, including scholarships geared specifically for current college students and Pharmacy graduate students who are planning on a career in pharmacy.
- Mhelpdesk is offering a $1,500 scholarship, and is accepting entries.
- Monder Law Group is honored to offer one college student the opportunity to earn a one-time scholarship of $1000 by writing an essay about the criminal justice system.
- MyLEDLightingGuide's scholarship goal is to provide guidance for business, engineering, and environmental science students. We offer this opportunity for all of those students who relate to the goal of My LED Lighting Guide.
- Healthcare Leaders Scholarship:
- Nursing.org's Nurses First Scholarship ($1000)
Bridging Your Career: The RN to BSN Scholarship ($500)
Breaking Barriers: Scholarship for Men in Nursing ($500)
- Office of Postsecondary Education(If you're interested in applying for financial aid or just knowing about the many opportunities available.)
- Online Job Application Scholarship. Online Job Application is job application website that provides information on companies in various industries. Students and job hunters can use this as a resource to help aid the job search process. The site is supporting students working towards careers in industries of their choice and who have demonstrated an understanding of their career choices. The scholarship form can be found on the website’s home page. Deadline: November 30th, 2016. Winners will be announced by December 15th, 2016
- OSHER Scholarship. The application period for the Osher Scholar Award offered by the Foundation for California Community Colleges.
- PG&E Bright Minds Scholarship program is open for applications as of today and will close on Friday, February 9. The scholarship program is open to all majors although there is a preference for engineering and technology majors. Students are reviewed for academic achievement, financial need, community involvement/leadership and/or examples of overcoming personal challenges to succeed in school.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Honor Society page indicate that scholarships are available! This is an outstanding resource for scholarship opportunities.
- Pocketbook & Zookal partnership Scholarship
- Publicity SEO & Content Marketing Scholarship
- Realty Medics invite you to submit an essay detailing – 'What makes a great property management company and what suggestions can you make to improve the industry?'
- Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers Single Mothers’ Scholarship "We are awarding two scholarships to single mothers - one enrolled in a US under-graduate program and one enrolled in law school. Applicants should submit a 500 word essay detailing how motherhood has prepared them for the challenges they encounter in school."
- Senior Advisor In-Home Care Innovation Scholarship : “ Home Health Care for Seniors ”
- Senior Homes caregiver Scholarship
- Sixt rent a car has an annual nationwide scholarship to share. They will be awarding 5 students $5,000 toward their study at any 2 or 4 year accredited university.
- Student Award Search Aid
- Scholarship Search on-line tool.
- Software Providers.com Scholarship, the winner will receive $1,000 and the deadline is September 30th
- Spokeo Connections Scholarship, please visit http://www.spokeo.com/spokeo-connections-scholarship
- Thumbtack is an online services marketplace that connects more than 150,000 local small businesses across the country with new customers.
- The Torres Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) educational non-profit offers students $500 grants for up to four continuous semester or $2000. Students must be first generation Mexican-American, maintain a GPA of 3.0, graduate from a local San Diego high school, be in good standing at the college, and maintain a full-time scholastic schedule.
- Tucker Spring 2015 Scholarship The F.C. Tucker scholarship is a $1500.00 award to the student who best demonstrates the values and principles that we consider crucial to running a successful business. In order to win the scholarship, students will have to demonstrate their personal values through an essay and attached personal statement. While students who have a history of active involvement in leadership positions or the community will be at an advantage, all eligible students are encouraged to apply. The winner will be chosen based on the quality of their personal essay and the character reflected in their personal statement."
- Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship Jack Kent Cooke Foundation. ‘Awarded applicants will receive up to $40,000. Mesa College students have been known to receive this competitive nationwide scholarship and now it is your turn. Apply today. Applications due no later than October 25, 2016.’ Dean Miller
- Vitality Medical, a medical supply and mobility device business, helps students with disabilities fund their education and wanted to include your students as well.
- WebHostingJams, an IT company which is a subsidiary of Tech Startup Wave 20 Services LLC
- 7 Binary Options. "All of us at 7BinaryOptions.com are dedicated to helping people succeed financially and we also know the importance of education. As part of that we want to help next generation students to be financially more independent as well."
Law Firm Scholarships
Name of Scholarship
Application Due Date
The Ankin Law Offices College Scholarship
Keller Law Offices Scholarship for Higher Education
George T. Bochanis Law Offices College Scholarship
Cogburn Law Offices Adversity Scholarship
Rosengren Kohlmeyer & Hagen Law Office Scholarship
Mainor Wirth Injury Lawyers Scholarship
Taradash Law Firm Scholarship
Law Office of Matthew L Sharp Need-Based Scholarship
Gordon Law Group Need-Based Scholarship
Strom & Associates Need-Based Scholarship
Scholarships for Students of Color
- American Indian College Fund
- American Political Science Association Minority Scholar Resources
- Ayn Rand Essay Contest
- Buenas Opiniones Spanish media company. https://buenasopiniones.com/scholarship/
- Gates Millennium Scholarships
- HBCU Packard SIT Abroad Scholarships (for study around the world)
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Historically Black College & University Scholarships
- Holocaust Remembrance Scholarships
- International Students Scholarships & Aid Help
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULA) Scholarships
- Microsoft Scholarship Program
- National Association of Black Journalists Scholarships (NABJ)
- Presidential Freedom Scholarships
- Siemens Foundation
- The Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford
- The Roothbert Scholarship Fund
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund
- USDA Science, Agriculture and Veterinary Scholarships
- Xerox Minority Scholarships
Scholarships for Undocumented Students
- scholarship resources catalogued by Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC) for undocumented undergraduate and graduate students. http://e4fc.org/resources/scholarshiplists.html
- TheDream.US is a new multimillion dollar National Scholarship Fund for DREAMers, created to help immigrant youth who’ve received DACA achieve their American Dream through the completion of a college education.
"TheDream.US provides college scholarships to highly motivated DREAMers who want to get a college education but cannot afford it. Our scholarships will help cover your tuition and fees for an associate’s or bachelor’s degree at one of our Partner Colleges. Note: You must be accepted to and eligible for in-state tuition (if applicable) at one of our Partner Colleges in order to receive the Scholarship."
- Generation Progress educates, engages, & mobilizes a new generation of young progressives
SCHOLARSHIPS/ASSISTANCE FOR VETERANS
VeteranAid.org Veterans Benefits Scholarship: Three $2,000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate's degree,
bachelor's degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year
university. Each eligible student will submit a 500-750 word essay on the following
Give an example of one veterans benefit and explain how it helps senior veterans. Then propose your own benefit to help senior veterans.
Deadline is December 31, 2016. Scholarship award recipients will be announced January 31, 2017.
FROM WELLS FARGO:
"Scholarship America and Wells Fargo are pleased to announce the launch of the Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship and Wells Fargo Veterans Emergency Grant programs, designed to fill funding gaps to help veterans complete the postsecondary education or training they need to return to -- and succeed in -- civilian life and work. These programs can make a significant impact on campuses across America, and we need your help to spread the word"
"The Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program provides scholarships up to $10,000 per year, to fill gaps for veterans and the spouses of disabled veterans after military benefits and other grants and scholarships have been utilized. To ensure that recipients can focus on completing their degree, these scholarships will be renewable, and award amounts will grow by $1,000 each year."
"Wells Fargo’s emergency grant program helps veterans already enrolled in postsecondary education meet their household expenses when faced with unexpected financial setbacks. Ranging up to $1,000, these immediate, one-time grants will ensure that recipients are able to stay in school without creating undue financial hardship for themselves or their families."
"Veterans (and spouses of disabled veterans) on your campus can start taking advantage of these programs right away! Applications for the Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarships are open until February 29; applications for emergency grants will stay open on an ongoing basis while funds are available. Both programs are accessible via scholarshipamerica.org/wellsfargovets"
More Scholarship Lists & Resources
- 25 Scholarship Gateways from Black Excel
- BestColleges.com , a site that features college planning tools and academic guides. Minority students
have long been underrepresented in U.S. colleges and universities for a number of
reasons, including financial hardship and lack of access to traditional education
support networks. BestColleges.com has an expanded and updated list of financial aid resources for minority students . It includes information about eligibility and award amounts, as well as additional
links to support networks for each of the following minority groups:
- African American Students
- Hispanic and Latino Students
- Native American Students
- Pacific Islander Students
- Undocumented Students
- Black Alliance for Educational Options (BAEO) Scholarship List
- CareerOneStop Scholarship Search
- College Board Scholarship Search
- College Cost Reduction and Access Act
- FinAid: The Smart Students Guide to Financial Aid
- Graduate Fellowship Database
- Grants for Minority Students
- Multicultural Advantage: Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunity Center
- ScienceNet Scholarship List
- Finding Money For College . Presently, most scholarships are very competitive, but there are a number of instances when no one else has completed an application. Students should be encouraged to apply for scholarships even if they feel that there isn't a chance. This website is to help assist you in finding money for college.
- Simple Steps to Funding a STEM Career: https://www.moneygeek.com/education/college/resources/financial-aid-for-stem/
- Direct Loan Servicing Center (View your loan account, set up automatic payments, email questions, and request forms.)
- Direct Loan Consolidation (Consolidate your Direct Loans through the government with low interest rates.)
- Fraud Information Center (Fraud information.)
- Federal Trade Commission (Information on scholarship scams.)
- Equifax Credit Bureau (1-800-525-6285)
- Experian Credit Bureau (1-888-397-3742)
- Trans Union Credit Bureau (1-800-680-7289)
- Social Security Administration (1-858-278-1097)
- State of California Attorney General's Office Search site
for Financial Aid.