- Application Process
- Appeal Workshops
- CARES Act
- CARES Act Reporting
- Financial Assistance Grant
- Cost of Attendance
- Deadline Dates
- Experimental Site Initiative
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Online Resources
- Payment Disbursement Dates
- Programs Available
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Terms of Agreement
- Return to Title IV Policy
- Work Study
- Virtual Counter
san Diego Mesa College
fall 2020 Cares Act Grant Application is now CLOSED
Please check back in Spring for additional opportunities to apply.
Latest Update: 10/8/2020
Through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, San Diego Mesa College is able to offer financial assistance to students in need. The purpose of the funds is to award emergency financial aid grants to students for specific expenses that are a direct result of the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19.
If you are a Mesa College student and the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted your personal financial situation, you can apply to receive a lump sum of up to $500 from Mesa College for qualified COVID-19 economic hardships.
Students must apply for funds by Monday, September 28, 2020 at 5:00pm. To have the best opportunity to receive this funding, please apply soon.
You are eligible to receive funds if you meet the following requirements:
- You are currently enrolled in Fall 2020 classes at City, Mesa or Miramar.
- You have specific expenses that are a direct result of the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19.
Qualified COVID-19 expenses include hardships related to:
- Health Care
- Course materials
- Other expenses incurred this semester
about the fund
- The maximum amount a Mesa College student can receive for Fall 2020 is $500.
- Awards will be distributed until CARES Act funds are exhausted.
- This award is not a loan and does not have to be paid back.
- Funding from the CARES Act Grant will not impact a student’s financial aid package.
- CARES Act grants cannot be used to cover and satisfy a student’s outstanding account balance. The student may use their emergency financial aid grant for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus including, hardships related to food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and childcare.
The application process for cares Act grant is closed.
Students must apply for funds by Monday, September 28, 2020 at 5:00pm.
Receiving the Award
- Students will receive a confirmation email once they submit.
- Students can track the status of their request by clicking on the link in the confirmation email or visiting the mySDCCD Support Center at https://mysdccd.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
- Funds will be awarded:
- By check and mailed to the student applicant’s current mailing address only.
Please check that your current MAILING address is correct.
If needed, click here for instructions on updating your contact information.
- By direct deposit. Students receiving financial aid are eligible to sign up for direct deposit. Visit How to Sign Up for Direct Deposit or How to Change Direct Deposit Bank Accounts for more information
- Have you submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-2021 or the California Dream Act Application for the 2020-2021 school
year? If no, you are encouraged to as you may qualify for additional funds.
- Please visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa to submit an application. The San Diego Mesa College school code is for the FAFSA is 001275.
- To apply for the Dream Act Application go to: dream.csac.ca.gov
- *Undocumented students and international students may also be eligible for the United Way San Diego Financial Assistance Grant. Additional resources and support services for undocumented students and international students are available through Borderless Scholars and International Student Program.
For questions email email@example.com.
We know this is a challenging time for students and want to commend you for your continued resilience! We are here for you!