- Application Process
- Appeal Workshops
- CARES Act
- Cost of Attendance
- Deadline Dates
- Experimental Site Initiative
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Online Resources
- Payment Disbursement Dates
- Programs Available
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Terms of Agreement
- Return to Title IV Policy
- Work Study
san Diego Mesa College
Cares act grant application for students
Latest Update: 5/13/2020
Through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, San Diego Mesa
College is able to offer financial assistance to students in need. The purpose of
the funds is to award emergency financial aid grants to students for specific expenses
that are a direct result of the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19.
Mesa College will be using an online application to develop the list of eligible students to receive funding from the CARES Act funds allotted.
If you are a Mesa College student eligible for financial aid and the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted your personal financial situation, you can apply to receive a lump sum of $500 from Mesa College for qualified COVID-19 economic hardships.
You are eligible to receive funds if you meet the following requirements:
- San Diego Mesa College is your financial aid campus of record
- You are currently enrolled in Spring 2020 classes at City, Mesa or Miramar
- You have completed a FAFSA for 2019-2020, or,
- You are eligible to complete a FAFSA for 2019-2020
- You have a valid Social Security Number
- You have registered with selective service (males only)
- You have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- You are a citizen or eligible non-citizen
- You are not in default on a Title IV federal student loan or owe a refund on a Title IV federal student grant or loan overpayment
*If you have general questions regarding the FAFSA, our Mesa College Ambassadors are able to help. Just click here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScdw08uTFwK9cn4Z4gEO_QHiwSig4ZesZnrePTi6fBfYTxsWQ/viewform and one of our ambassadors will connect with you.
You are not eligible to receive funds if you are a/an:
- International Student
- Undocumented Student
- Non-matriculated student
- Students enrolled in online only degree programs (SD Mesa College has none)
*Non-eligible students are encouraged to seek funding through Mesa College’s COVID-19 Emergency Relief funds - http://www.sdmesa.edu/student-services/student-success-equity/covid-19-emergency-relief.shtml.
Qualified COVID-19 expenses include hardships related to:
- Course materials
- Health Care
about the fund
- The maximum amount a Mesa College student can receive for Spring 2020 is $500
- Awards will be distributed until CARES Act funds are exhausted
- This award is not a loan and does not have to be paid back
- Funding from the CARES Act Grant will not impact a student’s financial aid package
- CARES Act grants cannot be used to cover and satisfy a student’s outstanding account balance. The student may use their emergency financial aid grant for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus including, hardships related to food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and childcare.
Students must apply for funds by Monday, May 25, 2020. To have the best opportunity to receive this funding, please apply soon.
Students can apply for the grant at:https://bit.ly/sdccdcaresact
Receiving the Award
- Students will receive a confirmation email once they submit.
Students can track the status of their request by clicking on the link in the confirmation email or visiting the mySDCCD Support Center at https://mysdccd.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
- Funds will be awarded by check and mailed to the student applicant’s current mailing address only
- Please check that your current MAILING address is correct.
- If needed, click here for instructions on updating your contact information.
For questions email email@example.com.
We know this is a challenging time for students and want to commend you for your continued resilience! We are here for you!