- Application Process
- Appeal Workshops
- Cost of Attendance
- Deadline Dates
- Experimental Site Innitiative
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Online Resources
- Payment Disbursement Dates
- Programs Available
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Terms of Agreement
- Return to Title IV Policy
- Work Study
Appeal Forms, Completed with Education Plan & All Documentation
Appeals are time-sensitive. They must be received by the Financial Aid office at San Diego Mesa College by Noon on the student’s last day of classes OR by Noon on the following dates, whichever comes first:
2016/2017 (FALL 2016, SPRING 2017 & SUMMER 2017)
Fall 2016 Submission Window: 7/11/2016 - 11/18/2016
Spring 2017 Submission Window: 11/28/2016 - 5/05/2017
Summer 2017 Submission Window: 5/22/2017 - 7/14/2017
Completed appeal forms (including all documentation) are due no later than Noon on the end date posted above or your last day of classes for the semester – whichever comes first. Incomplete appeal forms will not be considered.
INSTRUCTIONS (in order):
- Official [sealed] Academic Transcripts from all prior institutions attended, turned in to the Records Office (I4-102), regardless of your desire to use that academic history. Once posted by the district you must formally request in the counseling office that all transcripts be evaluated. This may take several weeks. High School transcripts are not required.
- Student Education Plan (Educational Program Plan) from Counseling signed by the counselor, based on your current educational goal as stated on your Appeal Form. [NOTE: IF you appealed in 2014/2015 and are still following the same signed Education Plan as is on file in the Financial Aid Office, you will not need to submit a new signed copy. Additionally you will only be permitted to follow 1 (ONE) Student Education Plan] Visit the Counseling Center (I4-303) to make an appointment with an Academic Counselor. If you are an EOPS, DSPS or Veterans student, please see your assigned counselor in that program. Please visit the counseling web page for detailed information:
- Appeal Form [pages 5 & 6 OF THE PACKET]. Please NOTE: THIS IS AN APPEAL. If you are submitting and Appeal, it is because you have been disqualified from receiving any Financial Aid. Submitting an appeal form will not guarantee that you will receive financial aid funding. Include hospital bills, death certificate(s), and/or other documentation to support your claim. Appeal forms may not be approved without supporting documentation of your extenuating circumstance as stated in the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for Financial Aid The Financial Aid Office highly recommends attending a workshop that focuses on the Appeal Process. There will be workshops offered during the semester Appeal Submission window. Please read below for more details. Attendance does not guarantee an approval, but may help give you a better understanding of the appeal as a tool for re-instatement.
The decision of the Appeal Committee is FINAL.
San Diego Mesa College Appeal Process Workshop
The Financial Aid Office of San Diego Mesa College offers Financial Aid Appeal workshops during each semesters' Appeal Submission windows. The Financial Aid Office highly recommends attending one of these workshops that focuses on the Financial Aid Appeal Process.
Enrollment is first come/first served and limited to the first 35 students who sign up. Please visit or call the Financial Aid Office to sign up for one or CLICK HERE to submit an email request to sign you up. Please include your name, CSID#, workshop date you would like to attend, and Financial Aid Office password (if you have one). [this link is strictly for signing up for an Appeal Workshop at SD Mesa College. Any other requests or spam will not be reviewed].
Please Note: Attendance at a workshop is not mandatory nor does it guarantee an approval, but may help give you a better understanding of the Financial Aid Appeal process as a tool for potential re-instatement. The information you will learn by attending a workshop prior to submitting your Financial Aid Appeal (such as key terminology, what may constitute an extenuating circumstance, detailed written statement and required supporting documentation), may help you to submit a more thorough appeal or come to an understanding if you don’t have a case for which to appeal.
APPEAL WORKSHOP DATES & TIMES:
|FRIDAY, MAY 26, 2017||10:00AM to 12:00PM||ROOM I4-207 (STUDENT SERVICES CENTER)|
|FRIDAY, JJUNE 16, 2017||10:00AM to 12:00PM||ROOM I4-207 (STUDENT SERVICES CENTER)|
~CLICK HERE to submit an email request to sign you up. Please include your name, CSID#, workshop date you would like to attend, and Financial Aid Office password (if you have one). [this link is strictly for signing up for an Appeal Workshop at SD Mesa College. Any other requests or spam will not be reviewed].
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
The Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy has changed as of the 2015-2016 school year. The SAP standards have been strengthened and the appeal process is now enforced more rigorously. Please click below to review the new standards.
~CLICK HERE to submit an email request to sign you up for an Appeal Process Workshop. Please include your name, CSID#, workshop date you would like to attend, and Financial Aid Office password (if you have one). [this link is strictly for signing up for an Appeal Workshop at SD Mesa College. Any other requests or spam will not be reviewed].
UPDATED APRIL 2017 -SD