Academic Review Committee
The Academic Review Committee reviews petitions for academic exceptions to district policy.
The committee is comprised of faculty, staff, and administrators and meets once a month to review petitions.
The General Student Petition may be used for:
- Extension of Time To Remove Incomplete Grades (in Admissions Office)
- Late Withdrawal from a Class or Semester (in Admissions Office)
- No course in which a “C” or better grade has been earned may be repeated.
- No course in which a substandard grade of “D” or “F” has been earned may be repeated more than three times, unless otherwise indicated in the catalog.
- Students will not be allowed more than three enrollments in a non-activity course, regardless of grade or symbol earned.
Students who believe that they have a compelling reason for an exception to this policy may file the petition for Exception to Course Repetition Policy following the procedures below. If the petition is approved, the student will need to manually enroll in the class through a visit to the Admissions Office.
Any variation to District Graduation or General Education Requirements must be approved by the Academic Review Committee. Requests for modification must be submitted on a Modification of Graduation Requirements form following the procedures below.
Meet with a counselor to review the request and complete the appropriate form, providing a detailed explanation for the request. Attach documentation, if appropriate. **For Petitions for Exception to Course Repetition Policy, please click here for steps.**
Obtain the signatures of the following in sequence:
- counselor or instructor
- department chair
- instructional dean
Submit the completed form to the Evaluations Office
Petitions must be submitted Evaluations Office at least one week prior to the scheduled Academic Review Committee meeting.
The Academic Review Committee considers petitions at their regularly scheduled meetings, which are usually scheduled on the second Monday of each month. For the 2012 - 2013 meetings are scheduled as follows, but are subject to change.
- Monday, August 13, 2012
- Monday, September 10, 2012
- Monday, October 15, 2012
- Monday, November 26, 2012
- Monday, December 10, 2012
- Monday, January 7, 2013
- Pre-Spring Semester Meeting: Tuesday, 1/22/13
- Monday, February 11, 2013
- Monday, March 11, 2013
- Monday, April 8, 2013
- Monday, May 13, 2013
- Monday, June 10, 2013
- Monday, July 8, 2013
- Monday, Aug 12, 2013
Students are informed of the committee decision in writing within 10 working days from the committee meeting.