Gang Girl: The Story Of A 22-Year-Old Girl In The LA Bloods Gang
WHEN: Friday, March 1, 2013
5:00pm--A Time of Terror: A Time of Civil Rights, an Interactive cultural history exhibit curated by Sherehe Hollins opens
7:00pm--Gang Girl documentary starts
A Community Discussion moderated by Starla Lewis, with Valerie Goodloe, and Nafeesa and Lateefah Toney will follow the
WHERE: Educational Cultural Complex Auditorium, 4343 Ocean View Blvd., San Diego, CA 92113
Phone: 619-388-4881. Directions: http://www.sdce.edu/organization/campuses/educational-cultural-complex
FOR MORE INFO: Nola Butler Byrd, Ph.D., President, San Diego Chapter of the Association of Black Psychologists, firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-594-3128
Student Health Services and Black Studies Department presents:
Mastering Excellence Workshop Series: Part I:
Mastering Positive Self Identity
Saturday, March 9th 2013
10am – 1pm
Mesa College: (G104/105) Lunch provided by Carmen's Mexican Restaurant
The Mesa College Diversity Committee shall promote acceptance and appreciation of all members of our campus community as we learn from each other and celebrate our diversity.
- To inform the Mesa community of diversity activities on campus
- To act as a resource for diversity and cultural competence
- Appreciation of similarities and differences that are universal to all human beings
- Harmonious relationships among diverse groups on campus
- Inclusion and success of all members of the campus community
- Integration of diversity in all aspects of institutional viability and vitality
"Lucha & Libertad"
* Venue: Apolliad Theatre
* Box Office: 619-388-2621
* One Night Only!
* Friday, December 10, 2010 7:30pm
* $5 admission is requested to aid continuing funding of the program.
When: Tuesday, November 16th, 2010
Where: Mesa College, H117-118 ( next to the cafeteria)
Sponsored by the Mesa College Diversity Committee &Council on American Islamic Relations and the Muslim Student Union