POLI 101 Introduction to Political Science
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This course is an introductory study of the fundamental concepts and methods of Political Science. Emphasis is placed on historical and contemporary political theories, ideologies and cultures as well as on political institutions, parties and interest groups and the international political system. This course may be required for students planning to major in Political Science and is highly recommended for students transferring to four-year institutions.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Emphasis in Language Arts and Humanities Studies: Communications and Journalism - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences: Political Science - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences: Social Sciences - Associate in Arts
- Geographic Information Systems - Associate in Science
- Honors Global Competencies - Certificate of Performance
- Political Science - Associate in Arts
- Social Sciences - General - Associate in Arts