MATH 254 Introduction to Linear Algebra
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This course serves as an introduction to the theory and applications of elementary linear algebra, and is the basis for most upper division courses in mathematics. The topics covered in this course include matrix algebra, Gaussian Elimination, systems of equations, determinants, Euclidean and general vector spaces, linear transformations, orthogonality and inner product spaces, bases of vector spaces, the change of basis theorem, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, the rank and nullity of matrices and of linear transformations. This course is intended for the transfer student planning to major in mathematics, physics, engineering, computer science, operational research, economics, or other sciences.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Applied Mathematics Option - Associate in Science
- Emphasis in Mathematics and Pre-Engineering Studies: Computer Science - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Mathematics and Pre-Engineering Studies: Engineering - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Mathematics and Pre-Engineering Studies: Mathematics - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Chemistry - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences: Economics - Associate in Arts
- Mathematics - Associate in Science
- Mathematics for Transfer - Associate in Science