MATH 245 Discrete Mathematics
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This course is an introduction to the theory of discrete mathematics and introduces elementary concepts in logic, set theory, number theory, and combinatorics. The topics covered include propositional and predicate logic, methods of proof, set theory, Boolean algebra, number theory, equivalence and order relations, counting techniques, and recursion. This forms a basis for upper division courses in mathematics and computer science, and it is intended for the transfer student planning to major in these disciplines.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Applied Mathematics Option - Associate in Science
- Emphasis in Mathematics and Pre-Engineering Studies: Computer Science - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Mathematics and Pre-Engineering Studies: Engineering - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Mathematics and Pre-Engineering Studies: Mathematics - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Chemistry - Associate in Arts
- Mathematics - Associate in Science