POLI 102 The American Political System
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This comprehensive survey course, designed for students intending to transfer to a four year college or university, provides an in-depth study of the American Political system. Both National and California experiences are studied from the perspective of constitutional frameworks, institutions, issues, and policies. NOTE: If used to satisfy the American Institutions requirement, Political Science 102 may not be used to satisfy the SDCC District's three unit social science requirement. Political Science 102 is required for completion of the major in political science. Political Science 102 may be offered in a self-paced format.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Elementary Education Preparation - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Business Studies - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Language Arts and Humanities Studies: Communications and Journalism - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences: Political Science - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences: Social Sciences - Associate in Arts
- Geographic Information Systems - Associate in Science
- History for Transfer - Associate in Arts
- Political Science - Associate in Arts
- Social Sciences - General - Associate in Arts