BIOL 205 General Microbiology
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: An introductory course covering the fundamental aspects of microbiology: taxonomy, structure, physiology, reproduction, genetics, control, immunology, and host-parasite relations. Basic techniques for culturing, staining, counting and identifying microorganisms are emphasized in the laboratory. Designed to meet the requirements to enter paramedical or medical fields. Field trips may be taken during laboratory periods.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Allied Health Track - Associate in Science
- Animal Health Technology - Associate in Science
- Applied Biology Track - Associate in Science
- Chemistry Technician - Associate in Science
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Kinesiology and Nutrition - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Science Studies: Physical Sciences - Pre-Nursing - Associate in Arts