HOSP 101 Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism
Description: This introductory course addresses a general overview and analyses of linkages between segments of the hospitality industry, including: history, career opportunities and service ethics, lodging products and service levels, travel and tourism, food and beverage throughout the industry segments, managed services, clubs, casinos, leisure and recreation, convention centers and meeting and event planning. The course touches on concerns related to health, safety, liability, the environment, technology, and globalization that are interrelated with the hospitality industry. Exploration of all aspects of the multifaceted hospitality and tourism industries are emphasized, including trends future projection and employment opportunities. This overview course is designed for students interested in the hospitality industry.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Culinary Arts/Management in Hospitality - Associate in Science
- Culinary Arts/Management in Hospitality - Certificate of Achievement
- Emphasis in Business Studies - Associate in Arts
- Event Management - Associate in Arts
- Event Management - Certificate of Achievement
- Hotel Management - Associate in Science
- Hotel Management - Certificate of Achievement