MATH 141 Precalculus
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This course is a study of numerical, analytical, and graphical properties of functions. The course content includes polynomial, rational, irrational, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions. Additional topics include: inverse functions, complex numbers, polar coordinates, matrices, conic sections, sequences, series and the binomial theorem. This course is designed as a preparation for calculus and is intended for the transfer student planning to major in mathematics, engineering, economics, or disciplines included in the physical or life sciences.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Chemistry - Associate in Science
- Chemistry - Certificate of Achievement
- Engineering - Associate in Science
- Engineering - Certificate of Achievement
- Physical Sciences (General) - Associate in Science
- Physical Sciences (General) - Certificate of Achievement
- Physics - Associate in Science
- Physics - Certificate of Achievement