ENGL 101 Reading and Composition
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This course is designed for transfer-level students or for those who want to develop competence in college level reading and composition. In this course, students read, analyze, discuss and think critically using a variety of works and sources. Based on these activities, students write essays, fully documented research projects, and other types of texts for various purposes and audiences. This written work, which demonstrates effective, logical, and precise expression of ideas, totals at least 6000 graded words. Designated sections of this course may be taught from a specific cultural perspective.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Black Studies - Associate in Arts
- Business Administration - Associate in Science
- Chicano Studies - Associate in Arts
- English - Associate in Arts
- Honors Global Competencies - Certificate of Performance
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Associate in Science
- Psychology for Transfer - Associate in Arts
- Radiologic Technology - Associate in Science
- Radiologic Technology - Certificate of Achievement