ENGL 221 Masterpieces of World Literature II: 1600 - Present
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This course offers a survey of world literature in translation, from the close of the European renaissance through the present time, including the literature of Asia, Europe, North America, Central America, South America, Africa and the Islamic world. Students read and discuss a variety of authors from these regions, and address relevant social, religious, and cultural issues. Students critically analyze, in essays and papers, specific authors, works, themes, and other topics as assigned. This course satisfies requirements for the major in English as well as general education and humanities requirements.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Creative Writing - Certificate of Performance
- Elementary Education Preparation - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Language Arts and Humanities Studies: English - Associate in Arts
- English - Associate in Arts
- Honors Global Competencies - Certificate of Performance