SOCO 110 Contemporary Social Problems
Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass Option
Description: This course requires students to identify and analyze present day social problems in the United States, with emphasis on sociological factors involved, while including cross-cultural and multicultural analysis. Students will use scientific methods of approaches to and criteria for evaluating proposals for social betterment. This course is useful for students pursuing careers in criminology, counseling, education, law, medicine, and dental hygiene.
Check the Online Class Schedule for information about course Prerequisites, Co-requisites, Enrollment Limitations and Advisory information .
This course can help you earn the following degree(s) or certificate(s):
- Emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences: Social Sciences - Associate in Arts
- Emphasis in Social and Behavioral Sciences: Sociology - Associate in Arts
- Psychology for Transfer - Associate in Arts
- Sociology - Associate in Arts
- Sociology for Transfer - Associate in Arts