- Administrative Services
- Valet will be in place from January 30th through February 16th in Lot 2. Students will need a parking permit to use this service.
- Mesa Students can also park at Kearny High School in the lot on Mesa College Drive for the first two weeks of class. Please follow all signage and watch for announcements regarding this lot. Student permits are not required at this location.
For information about transportation alternatives, please visit MesaMoves.
PEDESTRIAN ALERT: The Mesa Commons is now Open and the demolition of the H Bldg is underway. Please be aware of traffic in this area of Mesa Circle and use the pathway on the opposite side of the street.
1. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TWO-WEEK STUDENT GRACE PERIOD? The elimination of the grace period was suggested by the Associated Student Government bodies at City, Mesa and Miramar colleges, and approved by the Management Services Council in the hope that additional revenue received from daily permit sales might mitigate the need to increase student semester parking fees to $40 or more. Parking permits are required to park in all student lots (including the National Guard Armory) beginning the first day of the semester.
2. WHERE CAN I PURCHASE MY PARKING PERMIT? It’s easiest to purchase your permit through Reg-e or at the Student Mesa Accounting Office (I4-106). You will need a new permit for each new semester: fall, spring and summer. Student parking permits purchased at least one week before the start of each semester will be mailed. Permits purchased after that must be picked up at Mesa College Police Q-100 (your student I.D. is required).
3. WHERE DO I PURCHASE DAILY PARKING PERMITS? Visitors and students who have not purchased their semester parking permit at least one week prior to the first day of classes will need to purchase a daily parking permit from machines located in most student parking lots. Daily permits can be purchased for $1 per hour up to $5 a day maximum. Machines -- which accept only cash or coins -- can be found on the west end of Lot 1 next to the information booth, at the south entrance of Lots 2 and 3, on the west entrance of Lot 4 and next to each elevator on all floors of the parking structure.
4. WHERE CAN STUDENTS PARK ON CAMPUS? Students can park in Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, in the Parking Structure (PS-100), in the Lot behind the Allied Health building and in student spaces along Mesa College Drive. Do not park in areas marked "Faculty and Staff Parking" or you will be cited. Carpool parking is available along Mesa College Circle near the tennis courts. HC-ADA parking is available in all lots. Permits are required in all spaces except HC-ADA spaces (license plates or placards required). Students attending evening classes can park in faculty/staff parking spaces designated as "FLEX" spaces (see below).
5. WHAT IS "FLEX" PARKING? Students with a valid parking permit can now park in STAFF parking spaces that are located along Mesa College Circle between the tennis courts and parts of Lot #1 after 4:00 p.m. Watch for FLEX signs. Do not park in faculty/staff parking spaces NOT indicated "FLEX."
6. What are my alternatives to Parking? Using data from a Transportation Task Force under the direction of the Facilities Committee, MesaMoves was launched. The MesaMoves page is full of transportation alternatives including ridesharing, Uber, and more!
Permits are required to park on all campuses of the San Diego Community College District, Monday through Friday, 7a.m. until 10 p.m. Permits are not required on Saturdays, Sundays or SDCCD holidays. Parking is only allowed while actually attending or participating in campus sponsored classes or events and no overnight parking is allowed without prior approval and a permit from campus police.
Visitor/Meter Parking spaces are available on campus. Mesa College has ten (10) free visitor parking spaces in Lot #1 in front of the Student Services Center and on Mesa College Circle in front of the Administration (A-100) Bldg. Parking permits are not valid at posted visitor parking and no student or staff parking are allowed in these spaces. Violators may be may be cited.
Free parking in designated lots may be made available for special events, such as Art Gallery openings; please refer to the hosting department.
Daily parking permit machines are located in most student parking lots. Daily permits can be purchased for $1 per hour up to $5 a day maximum. Machines -- which accept only cash or coins -- can be found on the west end of Lot 1 next to the information booth, at the south entrance of Lots 2 and 3, on the west entrance of Lot 4 and next to each elevator on all floors of the parking structure.
Student permits are available for purchase during registration on Reg-e, or at the Mesa Accounting Office. Permits are only valid for the current semester. Permits purchased after the semester begins must be picked up at the College Police Office. Please see more at left.
- $40.00 Automobile permits per semester (hanger included)
- $30.00 Carpool permits per semester
- $17.50 Motorcycle permits per semester
- College Police - Parking