Welcome to the Career Center
1) A personal commitment to a chosen profession requiring training, education and experience.
Exploring Careers & Choosing A Major is the first step to establishing your college goals.
This short, interactive, online workshop will help you get started on your academic journey.
New Interview Service
Perfect Interview™ is an interactive multimedia interviewing system that allows students to practice their interviewing skills. It is a self service system that simulates a real interview. This 24/7 service is available anywhere with an internet connection and a computer with a webcam and microphone.
Students can practice mock interviews over and over again. They experience different types of questions by interviewers, view sample responses, and find out why various types of questions are asked. And the best tool is the ability for students to record their own responses to the questions then view and critique their responses. Students can not only listen to their responses but also see their posture, body language and eye content – all important components and confidence builders of interviewing.
Easy Set Up:
- Go to http://www.perfectinterview.com/sdmesa
- Click “Create Account”
- Fill in requested information.
- Check “I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions”
- Click “Create My Account”
- Check your email to obtain your username, password and website location to login.
- Get started!
System Requirements: For best results use a computer with a web camera and microphone. Perfect Interview is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer.
This service is provided through federal Perkins funding.
All employers are located in the Cafe Breezeway between the Cafe and Bookstore unless otherwise noted. Be sure to bring your resume!
- Check back in August for Fall dates.
- Part-time and career employment listings
- Career exploration
- Major exploration
- Job readiness
- Career software and online resources
- Classroom presentations
- Careers in Science
- Annual Career Opportunities Expo
- Limited drop-in Career Counseling
Services available by appointment for currently enrolled students:
- Career assessment testing and interpretation
- Consultations to identify transferable skills
- Resume review
- Career Counseling
Hot Jobs | Career Articles
Current Trends | Inspiration
Don't know how much money you will need to earn in the future? Don't know which occupation to choose? Take the California Reality Check.
If you are seeking an internship, please visit our Internship page for opportunities and information.
If you have an internship and need college credit, please come to the Career Center to learn more.
This guide will show you how to use LindedIn to make connections, research career paths and companies, and ultimately find a job.
Choosing the right college major can make a big difference in students' career prospects, in terms of employment and pay. Here's a look at how various college majors fare in the job market, based on 2010 Census data. Some popular majors, such as nursing and finance, do particularly well, with unemployment under 5% and high salaries during the course of their careers. Link to article.
- I got my dream job and so can you : 7 steps to creating your ideal career after college.by Leibman, Pete
- Careers and occupations : looking to the future.
- The essentials of job negotiations : proven strategies for getting what you want. by Kurtzberg, Terri R.
- Getting a job in architecture and design. by Patterson, David W.
- Learning to teach in urban schools : the transition from preparation to practice. by Hollins, Etta R.,
Not a Mesa College Student?
Mesa College Career Center services are available to currently enrolled students and to students who were enrolled in the previous semester. Career services are available for community members through the San Diego Workforce Partnership, which has Career Centers throughout San Diego. To learn more visit www.SanDiegoAtWork.com