The ABCs of Searching and Booking on the L4U County Consortium Catalog
A. To sign up for an account:
All Mesa College faculty and staff are eligible to use the service. You'll need to register your email address and get a client code number to begin. There are two ways to do this:
- Phone: 619-718-4983 (8am-4:30pm, Mon-Fri)
- Email: email@example.com
Once you have your individual client code, your password is Mesa.
B. To search the L4U Catalog for videos:
- Go to: http://avserve.sdcoe.net
- Click on the word MultiSeek at the top of the screen.
- Type your search term(s) into the blue box(es). (To insure that you retrieve only titles which are closed captioned use the Keyword option and type captioned into another blue box.)
- In the Media: box select [videorecording].
- Click on Search. (Continue to C.)
C. To make a selection online:
From the results screen:
- Review the title(s) returned from your search. To reveal more information about a title place the cursor over the title which is in blue font.
- Click the check box next to each title to select it.
- Click on the Add to Book Bag the button will change to Update Book Bag.
- Click Display Book Bag button to see all of the titles you have selected for booking.
- Click Place a Booking on Current Book Bag button in order to continue with booking. A Login screen will appear (Continue to D.).
D. To book materials online:
- Enter your client code in the blue box.
- Enter your password in the white box.
- Next to the Client For Date box, pick a date from the calendar (book at least 3 working days ahead to allow time for delivery).
- Click on the Check Availability button.
- If the title is available, you will get a message in green text stating it is available. If the title is not available, you will get a message in red text asking you to choose a different date. Click the Go Back button to choose a different date from the calendar. Change dates until you get a green message that the title is available for booking.
- Click the Confirm button to complete your order. Order will not be completed until you click that button.
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after you've confirmed your order.
- Click the Logout button to end your session.
E. To change a submitted order online (allow at least 3 working days - no weekends - prior to delivery):
- Login with your Last Name/Client Code and Password/PIN
- At the My Profile screen click on the Advanced Bookings button. You should then see a list of items you've booked.
- Click the checkbox next to the item you wish to change to select it.
- Click the Delete Booking button or Modify Booking button to change the status of your booked item.
- Click the Confirm button to complete the transaction.
Note: if items are overdue, please call 619-718-4983 to extend the due date.
F. To receive or return materials:
Deliveries and return pickups are made to Mesa College LRC (Audiovisual Services) twice per week (Mondays and Thursdays), or you may pick up and/or return materials in person at the SDCOE office at 5304 Metro St., open Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.