- About Rad Tech
- Application Deadline
- Application Process
- Career Exploration
- Prerequisite Courses
- Course List & Program Costs
- Program Schedule
Application & Admission Process
The Radiologic Technology Program accepts a class of 30 – 32 first year students each year. The class size is determined by clinical availability and other regulatory guidelines.
Completion of all materials is required before applying to the program. Partial applications or incomplete materials will not be accepted.
Below is a detailed list of required documents that must be completed, prior to application to the program.
- Completion of an Associate Degree or Education Plan – see details below
- Completion of all prerequisite courses or equivalent
- Completion of Career Exploration
ASSOCIATE DEGREE or EDUCATION PLAN
(must meet EITHER 1 or 2)
The ARRT requires a minimum of an Associate Degree to take the national certification exam. Please provide a diploma or certificate of completed degree. If you have not completed a degree, and the Radiologic Technology program is all that is needed to complete the Associate degree, you will need to provide an Education Plan prepared and signed by a San Diego Mesa College Counselor.
- Associate degree (A.A. or A.S.) or higher from any institution recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or United States Department of Education (USDE) as an accrediting agency. The degree may be in any field and the "request for transcript date" within the past 12 months; Please review the transcript request information at http://www.sdccd.edu/students/transcripts/index.aspx
Foreign transcripts will need to be evaluated by an independent service prior to application submission. Please consult an Academic Counselor before application.
Military experience must be documented on a military transcript to be considered.
- Education Plan with completion of all required courses meets the San Diego Community College District general education requirements for the current or applicable college catalog required for an Associate degree.
Please meet with a counselor to obtain an Education Plan. The computerized Education Plan must be legibly signed by a Mesa College Academic Counselor. No handwritten or worksheet style education plans will be accepted.