- About Rad Tech
- Application Deadline
- Application Process
- Career Exploration
- Prerequisite Courses
- Course List & Program Costs
- Program Schedule
Application & Admission Process
The Radiologic Technology Program accepts a class of 30 – 32 first year students each year. The class size is determined by clinical availability and other regulatory guidelines.
Completion of all materials is required before applying to the program. Partial applications or incomplete materials will not be accepted.
Below is a detailed list of required documents that must be completed, prior to application to the program.
- Completion of an Associate Degree or Education Plan – see details below (A)
- Completion of all prerequisite courses or equivalent – see details below (B)
- Completion of Career Exploration – see details below (C)
A. ASSOCIATE DEGREE or EDUCATION PLAN (must meet EITHER A1 or A2)
The ARRT requires a minimum of an Associate Degree to take the national certification exam. Please provide a diploma or certificate of completed degree. If you have not completed a degree, and the Radiologic Technology program is all that is needed to complete the Associate degree, you will need to provide an Education Plan prepared and signed by a San Diego Mesa College Counselor.
- Associate degree (A.A. or A.S.) from any institution recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or United States Department of Education (USDE) as an accrediting agency. The degree may be in any field; Baccalaureate degrees and higher exceed this requirement. The degree must be posted on the transcript and must be dated within 12 months of the application date.
Degrees and prerequisite courses from San Diego Community College District will be requested when your application is submitted. Please review the transcript request information at http://www.sdccd.edu/students/transcripts/index.aspx
Foreign transcripts will need to be evaluated by an independent service prior to application submission. Please consult an Academic Counselor before application.
Military experience must be documented on a military transcript to be considered.
- Completion of all required courses in an “Education Plan” that meets the San Diego Community College District general education requirements for the current or applicable college catalog required for an Associate degree.
Please meet with a counselor to obtain an Education Plan. The computerized Education Plan must be legibly signed by a Mesa College Academic Counselor. No handwritten or worksheet style education plans will be accepted.