- Accelerated College Program
- Allied Health
- American Indian Studies
- American Sign Language
- Animal Health Technology
- Architecture and Environmental Design
- Asian American Studies
- Art & Fine Art
- Arts & Languages (School)
- Black Studies
- Building & Construction Technology
- Business & Technology (School)
- Chicano Studies
- Child Development
- Communication Studies
- Computer Business Technology
- Computer Information Science
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting
- Digital Technology
- Dramatic Arts
- Exercise Science
- Geographic Information Systems
- Health Information Technology
- Health Information Management
- Health Sciences & Public Service (School)
- Humanities (School)
- Interior Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Studies
- Mathematics & Natural Sciences (School)
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Science
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Political Science
- Radiologic Technology
- Real Estate
- Social Behavioral Sciences & Multicultural Studies (School)
- Social Sciences
- Web Development
Applicants must complete the following:
- Apply online to San Diego Mesa College. You will need your CSID# to complete the PTA application.
- Complete the application packet for the Physical Therapist Assistant Program. You will need all of these documents to complete the online application.
- Submit an online application for Physical Therapist Assistant Program through the Allied Health Department.
- Request official transcripts be sent directly to the Special Admissions Office of San Diego Mesa College.
San Diego Mesa College
Special Admissions, I4-102
7250 Mesa College Drive
San Diego, CA 92111
Note: If you have attended City, Mesa, or Miramar Colleges, you do not have to submit an official transcript. Your transcript will be obtained directly from the records office on your behalf.
The Application Packet
All documents must be in PDF format. Do not upload images.
A complete application packet includes the following requirements:
- Prerequisite Course Verification
- Transcript Requirements (Unofficial and Official)
- Clinical Site Observation/Verification and Performance Evaluation - (View PDF)
- Applicant Verification of Observation Experience and Essay - (View PDF)
- Email Correspondence - (View PDF)
- PTA Essential Functions Acknowledgement - (View PDF)
- PTA Program Application Checklist - (View PDF)
- All observation experiences must be completed and signed off by the therapist by the application deadline, April 16, 2018.
- Prerequisite courses can be completed in Summer 2018.
- Successful completion of prerequisite courses will be verified and acceptance to the PTA program will be pending proof of completion with passing grade.
Applicants who complete the academic prerequisites and submit a completed online application with supportive documentation by the application deadline will be given consideration for enrollment in program.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to assure that all supportive documentation is in their file – incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
The program will admit up to 30 students per year. A computerized random lottery will be performed to determine those accepted and create an alternate list.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to maintain a current e-mail address with the college’s Special Admissions Office and return all mailings in a timely manner. Failure to return necessary paperwork will result in the person being removed from the current list. Each year, a new qualified applicant list is generated from the completed applications submitted for that given year.
Acceptances will be emailed by June 11th.
Confirmation of Acceptance must be returned within 2 weeks of receipt of dated email.*
*Please be sure to respond by the date listed in the email as confirmation of acceptance response times change as the Fall semester approaches.
Final acceptance, alternates and those not accepted will be confirmed via email by July 30th.
Please check the email submitted with your application between June 11th and July
30th for program responses.
Please contact Special Admissions with any questions regarding acceptance.