Office: ES 203-J
Personal trainer certificate program
About the program
The fitness industry continues to experience growth, with a 13% expected increase in employment between 2012-2022, and has an ongoing need for trained professionals in health clubs, fitness centers, sports medicine clinics and corporate wellness organizations.
- EXSC 280 Applied Exercise Physiology (2 units)
- EXSC 281 Applied Kinesiology (2 units)
- EXSC 284 Fitness and Sports Nutrition (2 units)
- EXSC 283 Exercise and Fitness Assessment (2 units)
- EXSC 242B Care and Prevention of Injuries (3 units)
- EXSC 285 Exercise for Special Populations (2 units)
- EXSC 282 Techniques of Weight Training (2 units)
- EXSC 286 Techniques of Exercise Leadership (2 units)
- EXSC 288 Fitness Specialist Internship Lecture (1 unit)
- EXSC 270 Personal Trainer Internship/Work Experience (1-4 units)
- Total Units = 19-22
- Kelsey Graham email@example.com 619-388-2431 Office: ES 203-J
What students are saying
"The Fitness Specialist Certification Program at Mesa College was a wonderful, life changing experience for me. I learned an immeasurable amount from incredible and inspiring educators. I made great connections and friendships that will last a lifetime. I would recommend the Fitness Specialist Certification Program at Mesa College to anyone interested joining the fitness industry.
Getting to design and teach group fitness classes and train students one on one during the internship portion inside the gym was one of the biggest highlights for me, learning things hands on and growing through constructive criticism. I gained knowledge and confidence in a real fitness industry setting.
Thanks to everything I learned at Mesa I was able to pass the ACE Personal Trainer Certification test with flying colors. Armed with the ACE certification along with my Fitness Specialist Certification I am ready and eager to join the fitness industry and start helping people reach their goals and get healthy." - Nicole G.
"I started the Exercise Science program at Mesa College with the hopes of becoming a Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor. It has enhanced my personal training confidence and overall knowledge of movement and exercise programming.
Knowledgeable staff and caring instructors make all the difference when you're investing in a career and that is a huge part of what makes Mesa College special. I would recommend the exercise science program at Mesa College to anyone looking to start, grow, improve or better themselves as a Personal Trainer of Fitness instructor."
- Louis A.