- American Sign Language
- Animal Health Technology
- Associate of Arts Degree: Art History
- Associate of Arts Degree: Ceramics Emphasis
- Associate of Arts Degree: Digital Art Emphasis
- Associate of Arts Degree: Museum Studies
- Associate of Arts Degree: Photography and New Genres Emphasis
- Associate of Arts Degree: Three-Dimensional Emphasis
- Associate of Arts Degree: Two-Dimensional Emphasis
- Associate in Arts for Transfer Degree: Art History
- Associate in Arts for Transfer Degree: Studio Arts
- Certificate of Performance: Fine Art
- Certificate of Performance: Museum Studies
- Astronomy (Courses Only)
- Black Studies
- Building Construction Technology
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Chicana and Chicano Studies
- Child Development
- Communication Studies
Computer Business Technology
- Associate of Science Degree: Administrative Assistant
- Associate of Science Degree: Information Management Technology
- Associate of Science Degree: Microcomputer Applications
- Certificates of Achievement: Administrative Assistant
- Certificates of Achievement: Information Management Technology
- Certificate of Performance: Desktop Publishing
- Certificate of Performance: General Office Clerk
- Certificate of Performance: Keyboarder/Word Processor
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Culinary Arts/Culinary Management
- Dental Assisting
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Dietetic Service Supervisor
- Dramatic Arts
- Environmental Design Studies
- Exercise Science
- Associate of Science Degree: Fashion Design
- Associate of Science Degree: Fashion Merchandising
- Associate of Science Degree: Computer Fashion Technology: Design
- Associate of Science Degree: Computer Fashion Technology: Merchandising
- Certificates of Achievement: Fashion Design
- Certificates of Achievement: Fashion Merchandising
- Certificates of Achievement: Computer Fashion Technology: Design
- Certificates of Achievement: Computer Fashion Technology: Merchandising
- Geographic Information Systems
- Health Information Technology
- Interior Design
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Studies
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science Degree: Multimedia
- Certificate of Achievement: 3D Animation and Modeling
- Certificate of Achievement: Interactive Media Production
- Certificate of Performance: Digital Video
- Certificate of Performance: Flash
- Certificate of Performance: Multimedia Survey
- Certificate of Performance: New Media Publishing
- Certificate of Performance: Video Game Development
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Political Science
- Radiologic Technology
- Real Estate
- Requirements for the Associate Degree
- Retail Management
- Social Sciences
- Teacher Education
- Web Development
- Women's Studies
Program Clinical Coordinator
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program (DMSG)
Due to the amount of feedback we have received from students, we are delaying the launch of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program until Spring 2020 to allow sufficient time for students to complete the necessary prerequisites. The current application cycle will be closed.
The application cycle for Spring 2020 will open September 3, 2019.
We will continue to develop affiliation agreements with local facilities. The number of students accepted for Spring 2020 will be based on the number of clinical sites established at that point in time.
We will still be holding an information session on:
Wed. 12/05/18, 6:00-7:00pm
S-104, Allied Health Building
What is a Sonographer?
The Sonographer functions as a healthcare provider who, working under the delegated authority of the supervising physician, serves as a medical imaging professional providing clinically relevant information to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The Sonographer role and responsibilities include providing diagnostic medical sonography services and its various clinical specialties. The Sonographer activities are performed consistent with their education and training, and in accordance with facility policies and procedures and applicable professional standards.
The Certificate of Achievement and Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography prepares students to meet the healthcare needs of their community in the imaging field as professional Diagnostic Medical Sonographers. The program prepares the student for certification as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). The RDMS credential is designed to certify competence in the field of diagnostic medical sonography. Training includes abdomen, obstetrics/gynecology, small parts, doppler techniques and an introduction to vascular ultrasound. The program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography runs for 18 months, including one summer session and one intersession.
The mission of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program is to prepare qualified medical imaging practitioners who uphold the highest level of ethical patient care while demonstrating competent technical practices.
- How can I get more information about this career and the Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Because we have hundreds of inquiries from prospective students, general information sessions are provided at Mesa College on a regular basis throughout the summer session and fall semester. Please check the Mesa College website for location and time of available sessions, and again prior to attendance for any scheduling changes that may occur. http://www.sdmesa.edu/allied-health
Attendance at an information session prior to applying is highly recommended. These are times we have arranged to clarify the process and answer questions for prospective students.
- How do I find out if courses I’ve taken are equivalent?
Work with an academic counselor at your college or here at Mesa College (contact info on page 1). Please confirm equivalencies with an academic counselor than merely assume the classes will transfer or are equivalent.
- What kind of background issues affect eligibility?
All public records affect background. Hospital affiliates use their own human resources policies for determining eligibility. Although there is no “list”, per se, available to the program, denial of eligibility can be expected for applicants with histories of recent (single incident) or multiple (anywhere in history) DUI’s, substance abuse or recklessness. Denial of eligibility can be expected for applicants with any kind of history of violence, sex crimes, theft (any type) or criminal weapons use, no matter how recent. There may be additional types of crimes not mentioned here that would result in ineligibility. San Diego Mesa College Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program uses American Data Bank (Complio) for all background, drug and immunization tracking. The student incurs the cost of the Complio system.