- Accelerated College Program
- Allied Health
- American Indian Studies
- American Sign Language
- Animal Health Technology
- Architecture and Environmental Design
- Asian American Studies
- Art & Fine Art
- Arts & Languages (School)
- Black Studies
- Building & Construction Technology
- Business & Technology (School)
- Chicano Studies
- Child Development
- Communication Studies
- Computer Business Technology
- Computer Information Science
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting
- Digital Technology
- Dramatic Arts
- Exercise Science
- Geographic Information Systems
- Health Information Technology
- Health Information Management
- Health Sciences & Public Service (School)
- Humanities (School)
- Interior Design
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Studies
- Mathematics & Natural Sciences (School)
- Medical Assisting
- Physical Science
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Political Science
- Radiologic Technology
- Real Estate
- Social Behavioral Sciences & Multicultural Studies (School)
- Social Sciences
- Web Development
Contact Dental Assisting
Welcome to Dental Assisting. Use the following buttons to navigate to view all Dental Assisting Courses, the Dental Assisting Certificates/Degrees offered, the faculty page and to visit the Dental Assisting program page that reflects our catalog information.
Students enrolling in the Dental Assisting Program at San Diego Mesa College will experience courses in the state of the art Allied Health Building (opened 2009). The program utilizes classrooms designed to give the student relevant dental experience and personal attention. The dental assisting classrooms include a dental clinic with modern dental chairs and equipment such as intra-oral cameras, CAD/CAM dental system and dental software, a dental laboratory classroom where students have their own lighted work area, a radiography room with digital x-ray equipment, a lecture classroom and a computer laboratory classroom.
The San Diego Mesa College Dental Assisting Program:
- Is accredited by the Dental Board of California (DBC) and the Commission of Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the American Dental Association.
- Is recognized by the local dental community and personnel agencies for skilled dental assistants.
- Ranks among the top 10 dental assisting programs statewide for passing the California RDA State Board Exams.
- Enables dental assisting students to immediately apply for the RDA and CDA examinations upon successful completion of the program.
- Includes required certification courses for the dental assistant and registered dental assistant such as Basic Life Support (BLS), Infection Control, CA Dental Practice Act, Radiography, Coronal Polishing and Pit and Fissure Sealant Placement.
Information Session dates and times: For the class of 2019-2020: Monday, December 3, 2018 @ 6:00p.m. or Monday, March 18, 2019 @ 6:30p.m. Sessions meet in Room S117/118, in the Allied Health Building, 1st Floor.
Application: The application for 2019-2020 will be posted in January 2019. Applications are
accepted between February 1 - April 1, 2019.
For enrollment: Special Admissions Contacts (click on email address)- James Arnegard: email@example.com,
Dulce Carolina Lopez: firstname.lastname@example.org or Karina Sandoval:email@example.com
Special Admissions, I4-102 Telephone #: 619-388-2682 / 619-388-5713
For program information: Margaret Fickess, CDA, RDA, MEd, Program Director (click on email address) - firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-388-2697