MA, RHIA, CHDA
Program Director/Assistant Professor
Health Information Technology
Health Information Management
Dean of Health Sciences and Public Service
San Diego Mesa College
7250 Mesa College Dr.
San Diego, CA 92111
Applicants must complete the following:
- Apply online to San Diego Mesa College
Submit an online application for Health Information Management through the Allied Health Department.
Application period for Fall 2019 is from February 1-April 30
- Request official transcripts be sent directly to the San Diego Community College District.
See "Submission of Transcripts" section @ SDCCD Evaluations
Note: If you have attended City, Mesa, or Miramar Colleges, you do not have to submit an official transcript. Your transcript will be obtained directly from the records office on your behalf.
A complete application includes the following requirements:
- Statements of Interest
You will be asked to answer the following questions in the application.
- Why have you chosen to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Information Management (HIM)?
- This program is rigorous and time intensive. What are your plans to incorporate this educational path into the demands of your work schedule and personal commitments?
- What are your specific career goals after you obtain your degree and RHIA credential?
- Unofficial Transcripts
Students with complete applications will be placed on a “qualified applicants” list. Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered. The program admits up to 32 students. Completion of all designated prerequisites does not guarantee admission.
All "qualified applicants" will have their application packet evaluated using a scoring rubric. The top candidates will be sent an invitation to interview. The interviews will include a written exercise.