Building Construction Technology
- Degrees/Certificates Offered: See Below
- Courses: List and Details
- Faculty: Full-Time Faculty
- More Information: Home page
- School: Social/Behavioral Sciences and Multicultural Studies
- Library: Articles, Subject Guides and Reference Databases
Certificate of Achievement
Associate in Science
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Building Construction Technology Program will be able to:
- Review a typical set of residential or light commercial construction plans and analyze, interpret, extract and define basic structural and finish components and/or systems necessary for project construction.
- Analyze and compute "Early Start" and "Late Start" and "Early Finish" and "Late Finish" times and "Total Float" associated with a basic network diagram for a construction project utilizing "Activity on the Node" (AON) when sequencing and activity time durations are defined.
- Locate, identify, and correctly apply building code constraints to a specific design or construction problem
Students will be assessed through a combination of performance evaluations, written assignments, and written tests and quizzes.