- Degrees/Certificates Offered: See Below
- Courses: List and Details
- Faculty: Full-Time Faculty
- More Information: Home page
- School: Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Library: Articles, Subject Guides and Reference Databases
Certificate of Performance
Associate in Science
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Biology Program will be able to:
- Think critically, developing the skills to ask vital questions and solve biological problems by applying the Scientific Method.
- Communicate, using examples, the importance of interconnections among living organisms and their environments.
- Transfer knowledge of biological concepts to achieve successful academic progress in 200 level biology courses and into applications for everyday life. These concepts could include cell theory, evolutionary mechanisms, and major life processes.
- Investigate biological questions using modern and appropriate tools.
Students will be assessed through a combination of performance evaluations, written assignments, and written tests and quizzes.