- Degrees/Certificates Offered: See Below
- Courses: List and Details
- Faculty: Full-Time Faculty
- More Information: Home page
- School: Humanities
- Library: Articles, Subject Guides and Reference Databases
Certificate of Performance
Associate in Arts
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Speech Communications Program will be able to:
- Analyze contemporary socio-political issues by delivering speeches on select topics. Speeches are highly developed, outlined, and fully supported with research. Students must move beyond mere description and provide a rationale for their thought process.
- Use oral and written communication to advance ideas and advocate positions.
- Engage in speech activities such as persuasive speaking where they will advocate controversial ideas to others, adapt to audiences, and critically analyze contentious issues. Speeches are taped and students are expected to analyze their own performance as well as provide feedback for other speakers.
Students will be assessed through a combination of performance evaluations, written assignments, and written tests and quizzes.