- Degrees/Certificates Offered: See Below
- Courses: List and Details
- Faculty: Full-Time Faculty
- More Information: Home page
- School: Arts and Languages
- Library: Articles, Subject Guides and Reference Databases
Certificate of Performance
Associate in Arts
- Art History Emphasis
- Ceramics Emphasis
- Digital Art Emphasis
- Museum Studies Emphasis
- Photography and New Genres Emphasis
- Three-Dimensional Emphasis
- Two-Dimensional Emphasis
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Art-Fine Art Program will gain facility with:
- Students will develop the ability to expand the vision of the role of art in the greater culture
- Students will develop an awareness of cultural diversity (and its use/effect on art-making).
- Students will develop the ability to engage visual art as defined in a progression of change.
- Students will develop the ability to affect critical thinking in visual terms.
- Students will develop the ability to employ art concepts and terminology effectively.
- Students will develop the ability to understand the creative process of art-making.
- Students will develop the ability to understand materials, methods and techniques both historical and contemporary and the contexts in which they are employed.
Students will be assessed through a combination of performance evaluations, written assignments, and written tests and quizzes.