- Degrees/Certificates Offered: See Below
- Courses: List and Details
- Faculty: Full-Time Faculty
- More Information: Home page
- School: Social/Behavioral Sciences and Multicultural Studies
- Library: Articles, Subject Guides and Reference Databases
Associate in Arts
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Political Science Program will be able to:
- Think critically in reading, writing, and/or speaking about topics in Political Science, thereby identifying problems, theses, arguments, evidence and conclusions.
- Write or speak about topics in Political Science, thereby addressing problems, formulating theses, making arguments, analyzing and weighing evidence, and deriving conclusions.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand one’s role in society, take responsibility for one’s own actions, and make ethical decisions in complex situations.
- Articulate similarities and contrasts among cultures, times, and environments, demonstrating an understanding of cultural pluralism.
Students will be assessed through a combination of performance evaluations, written assignments, and written tests and quizzes.