- Degrees/Certificates Offered: See Below
- Courses: List and Details
- More Information: Home page
- School: Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Library: Articles, Subject Guides and Reference Databases
Certificate of Achievement
Associate in Science
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Physics Program will be able to:
- Utilize proper physics concepts and the relations among them to analyze problems qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Critically apply the principle of conservation of energy in the study of motions.
- Compose laboratory reports that describe the theory and experimental procedures, record and analyze data, and present conclusions and discussions.
- Write solutions to physics problems that identify the assumptions and input, define symbols in equations, and detail the procedure of solving the equations.
- Describe and explain the principles of operation of selected physical devices.
Students will be assessed through a combination of performance evaluations, written assignments, and written tests and quizzes.