Health Information Technology
- Degrees/Certificates Offered: See Below
- Courses: List and Details
- More Information: Home page
- School: Health Sciences / Public Service
- Library: Articles, Subject Guides and Reference Databases
Associate in Science
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Health Information Technology Program will be able to:
- Apply all required health care documentation policies and procedures that ensure the highest quality of healthcare delivery.
- Utilize the evolving information technology in the completion of health information management processes.
- Ensure compliance with all payment systems, such as Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and other sources of reimbursement.
- Produce data required for healthcare quality improvement, utilization management, risk management and other related activities.
- Protect the privacy, confidentiality, and security of health information as well as promote legal and ethical standards of practice for health information professionals.
Students will be assessed through a combination of performance evaluations, written assignments, and written tests and quizzes.